Are you a DIY'er or not?

I don’t mind a bit of DIY when I get my head in the right zone but I try all methods to get out of it. So this weekend I’m working again lol

2 long days in sunny Swansea looking after all the people going here. I’m working on my excuse for Monday :yum:

2 Likes

Good luck looking after all that lot! There will be a lot of VERY drunk, VERY sunburnt people in Swansea this weekend.

I’d rather be locked inside doing DIY all weekend…

Oh wait, I will be - Ikea and all new bedroom furniture for my daughter!

Still preferable than going to that in Swansea.

1 Like

I can’t believe your timing I was just putting together a similar topic earlier today but you beat me to the punch :sweat_smile: I DIY everything from Auto repair to refurbishing and repurposing old electronics to tinkering with small projects to keep myself busy. I’ll post some of my diy projects in the morning.

I worked for many years as a maintenance man for several companies. Then I done my back in, and moved to office type work.

For 5 years, I worked for a hostel in Wales, turning an old hotel into a useable hostel, installing more bathroom facilities, dividing larger rooms, obligatory shelving!

I used to love it, until the ex. Everything I did was critised, so I stopped doing anything.

Now in a lot worse health, I’d love to be more active, but oh well!

I do tho, use my vast knowledge to help others doing DIY projects, esp on Facebook.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat, you gotta do what you can to stay moving even if it’s just walking around your place or even working out in a chair. Be well I hope to see you here for many many years to come.

So do I! lol
I don’t intend going anywhere.

I keep moving, sometimes more than I should, n then I pay for it in extra pain for a few days. lol

I know I should pace myself, but sometimes it’s easier n quicker to, just do it, than to keep stopping n resting.

I do all my own work, from auto repair to full on construction jobs such as building things and I love demo work even more… nothing like running through a wall to watch it crumble behind you, and the look on people’s face when i do it. Most people like to use tools, I use my hands and body lol.

I will be working come Monday as working overnights I don’t get to afford the luxury of being off. I don’t mind as it is overtime for at least the 2 hours I am there before midnight, works for me. Gonna head to the lake this weekend so my son and wife can use their new kayak I got them, and I’ll just float around the lake in my lazy tube.

2 Likes

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Good poll idea.

1 Like

I’m actually off this bank holiday for a change! (I normally work them). Usually I’d do DIY, however I have family visiting so will be out enjoying the sun shine :smile_cat:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure everything can be fixed with either a hammer and/or duct tape lol

I will give most jobs a rattle, when stuck will either use it for a tea break to mull over my ideas or watch a YouTube video on how to fix my mistake :tongue:

Bank holiday + Sunshine = Bike run :+1:t2::raised_hands:t2::slight_smile:

3 Likes

Interesting post for a tech forum. Sounds great to have some time off, I would usually play video games or get some chores done around the house that I have been too busy of doing because of work.

What games do you play?

Having such a wife is really enviable!:smile:

1 Like

In the UK, I remember there are many open-air concerts during the summer time.:grin:

1 Like

We are looking forward to see your DIY work!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You can open a Youtube channel on teaching people how to DIY.:smile:

Oh god, NO! lol

Not with my very thick (UK) West country accent, plus I do tend when speaking, to swear a lot (like far too much really, but it just comes out!)

I do offer advice to friends (or even strangers in groups in a part of) if they ask or mention a project.

That’s how I’m now disabled, and full of osteoarthritis.

I used to shift 14ft RSJs by myself. lol I was a human wrecking ball. Yes and it was great fun, and yes, I did knock myself out more than a couple times! Oops

Once, when transforming a sprinter van into a minibus, I passed out… I forgot to leave the windows open, as I glued down the carpeting! Hehehe one of the worst headaches ever

https://www.instructables.com Is a great resource for ideas and inspiration on DIY projects. They also have competitions all the time.

4 Likes