[Archived] Weekend Plans

I picked a couple of horses, one fell at the first hurdle and then picked 1st and 2nd - just wish I had done each way bets. But won £11 :raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2:

3 Likes

Congrats :thumbsup: Had three picked, ‘The Dutchman’ fell near the end, one came 5th and the remaining one got lost somewhere in the pack and between the pints :laughing:

1 Like

Most years my response is “it’s the taking part that counts” as I normally end up picking donkeys :joy:

I’ve been chilling with the girls today, we all did a bet (I won yay!!) as I picked no’ 13 because of my birthday :thumbsup:
Only a £1 each way so still got to go to work on Monday lol

Happy Birthday @elmo41683 :tada:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, though technically it’s not til Monday…you know 4/16/83 :wink:

Currently sitting at the airport and all I see is this nonsense…so far our flight isn’t delayed, fingers cross it stays on time

3 Likes

Happy birthday :confetti_ball::balloon::birthday::tada::gift: @elmo41683

Welp, my flight was just cancelled. Waiting at the desk to find out what happens now s8nce this has been planned and tickets brought since january

1 Like

Damn that’s a bummer…hope you get it sorted and Happy Birthday for Monday buddy… :birthday:

1 Like

Thanks, they put us on a flight out at 6 am. I live 2 hours away so we’re just gonna hang out at the airport in a conference room UntIL our flight boards at 5 am. Weather isn’t getting better so not gonna risk trying to go anywhere anywhere then get stuck or be late for our flight out

April 1983, I was 14 and my social worker decided the old couple I was being fostered with, were too old and inexperienced, so in May that year, I was moved to a different foster family, with an even older couple, but who had 30 years of experience fostering, plus had a child n grand kids of their own.

I don’t really recall much of that year, but the following g year, Billy Graham was in the local city and I went, and I even said YES that night… May 1984

2 Likes

Yikes. Does that me is the oldest here?

Sorry today did a bike 70 mile ride up 6000ft of ascent and my bits’n’pieces still work. My usual Saturday.

Skateboarding later…

Word to the wise, do not put your DoB online. It only takes 2 or 3 personal details to steal your identity they load up debt put in your name.

I always use the joke DoB of 4/1/1970 (USA format) its a spin on Unix time 1/1/1970 when UTC began.

I used that to register with a local burger chain and they sent me a free burger voucher on 1st April.

If I recall correctly, about now you are exploring relocating to North Carolina? So checking it out so know before school relocation window?

2 Likes

So how old are you this year?

I’ll be 49 on independence day! lol the big 5 0 next year… Bugger me, didn’t think I’d reach that milestone

Older. See my other reply. Do not put your DoB online.

The way you type and describe hard done by and trips to hospitals, we seem to have divergent experiences. Hospitals is where I visit other people.

Just ride a bike and drop weight and everything will realign. There is an in-built “old” age but its about mid-70s from what I can gather, so child… young… aged 75… old… aged 100… very old. There are plenty around me 65 and as fit as in their 20s, doing 100+ mile bike rides. The key is keeping moving and do not get fat.

Skateboarding, it is very very difficult. Starting and stopping in particular. It will come to me with practice.

It’s not so much, “hard done by”, as… That’s my life and what actually happened.

So, you’ve been lucky: maintained a good healthy body; have a loving family, who’d never give you up n never give up; enjoying an active life n lifestyle.

Well good for you, but don’t use that blessed experience to look down on someone who has never had that, or judge them for their unfortunate life. Be glad, that you’ve not had to go through it.

I’ve not had the worse life, or childhood. Was I tossed about and went to 9 different education establishments, yes; was I abused by those caring for me, yes; did I get sent to 30 different state homes/foster families/boarding schools, yes; did my natural parents at 6 months old decided that despite punching/slapping/kicking/tossing about the room/smacking with objects, give me up to the state, yes.

I don’t want sympathy, as I said before, I want acceptance n understanding, I want.people to realise, that behind my keyboard, sits someone that’s had shit thrown at him, bit despite that, doesn’t give up, doesn’t make excuses, but trys to move on n make the best of what he has.

Be grateful, life has protected you from a life like that. Feel blessed, that you maintain a good healthy weight, and can jump on a bike n go for a nice long bike ride. Be thankful, not judging. Count your blessings, that you don’t need to take morphine to get going in the morning.

In my twenties, I was doing 100 mile bike rides a day, or time trials in a bike group. I could lift a 14ft steel joist by myself, or that I could push a 12 seater mini bus by myself to jump start it. In my twenties I could extend my.legs on that weights machine, set it to heaviest, then do 100 reps using JUST my toes.

Been there, got many t-shirts, then sold them to pay bills, cos I couldn’t work n pay the bills.

If i.could wake up in the morning g and have my health n physical body restored, you wouldn’t see me on here again. I’d be working, or holidaying, I’d be out exercising, spending a couple hours down the park having a kick-about!

Enjoy your health, but don’t be smug, that’s not nice or nice to know. Be glad you didnt spend 9 hrs at the hospital yesterday, cos you have an infection in your limph gland’s under your armpits, but don’t mock someone for that.

Is there a lesson learned for anyone younger?

So you were once strong. Advice for others going forward? Someone who wakes Sunday morning, what would you recommend?

Just came back from my lil bro brewery, just checkin in had a few :wink:pints bout to pass out good nite y’all

3 Likes

Hahaha love it :beers:

1 Like

1 Like

Today is about 1 thing

Remembering the

3 Likes