[Archived] Weekend Plans

I am in day 10 of 14 of a long move-a-lot trip involving USA UK and Ireland, 6 beds, 5 flights, 9 trains, in a 30L backpack.

This weekend I am traversing northern England involving a 16 mile walk, Fish & Chips, a Chicken Vindaloo and Beer.

Got my Anker:

• LC40 as I have some hours of night walking
  • Powerport 5 USB-C for my tablet, phone, etc
  • Powercore 10000, it keeps all my stuff going for any possible long situation
  • Soundbuds Life as working a lot and lots of long flights and trains, and Soundbuds Slim+ for my long walks.
  • Lots of Powerline

Non-Anker:

• OnePlus 3T, dual-sim with UK Giffgaff SIM and USA T-Mobile
  • Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus
  • LG Urbane 2 (love UK Contactless pay!)

Two more beds til my home.

7 Likes

I will be working Friday night into saturday, when I get off work my sister and my two nieces will be at my house so I get to see and send time with them before they head back home out of state. Haven’t seen them since last summer so it will be nice.

I also have a lot if cleaning and packing to do since my wife it’s dead serious about moving and if I dont get the ball rolling…well I’m gonna have a rolling pin upside my head

2 Likes

Spending weekend with other half and kids, prob end up in a skate park or going bowling before flying back to Northern Ireland Sunday night.

Congrats on 16 years :clap:t2::clap:t2:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Ski at Great Divide with my kids. ~45 mins from my house, 10 inches of new snow in the last 24 hrs.

3 Likes

I was wondering where you were during all the shenanigans going on for Chinese new year…

Do not have 10ft of snow but does rain and a little snow count?

7 Likes

Good question.:raised_hands:

Is this 18¿ lol

Saturday, will be to the hospital, to get my post operative wound dressing changed, as I do everyday.

Later in the day, I will meet my fiancée after her work, and we’ll go.for a nice coffee (usually CAFFÉ NERO). I’m so regular there, that I have my own mug behind the counter!

Sunday
Up late, for the fiancée n me (well after 6am). All going well around 09:30-10:00 be a bacon butty on sour dough :bread:… Yummy

Then it’s either a day at home, with a quick.run (nope not run, very leisurely walk (prob even bus)) to the local shop for.milk etc and.possible dinner, or in town for a wander n roast dinner out.

Sunday evening, Jane will help me have a shower, and then she’ll change my dressing… She is such a star :star2::star2::star2::star2::star2:

Back to normal, monday.

2 Likes

I love getting windows into everyone’s life like this - I’m especially jealous of those of you who are traveling and skiing!

As for me, I don’t have class this coming Monday because of President’s Day, so I’ll take advantage of that and go out Friday, Saturday, and Sunday :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (although the extra day will be almost entirely devoted to studying). College is hard, so I’m excited for any break I can get!

There’s also quite a few sports events this weekend, and since I’m in the marching band, I’ll be going to a few hockey and basketball games to play music and cheer on the team. I really enjoy playing music, so that’s always something to look forward to as well.

2 Likes

You must be knackered @nigelhealy :open_mouth:

Is this a work or pleasure trip? To be honest though. I’d love the opportunity to just get up and go somewhere for 10 days on my own. Hike, relax, enjoy, smile and do the things you can’t do at Home. Enjoy the last few days :thumbsup:

Arrrr lovely. Great to catch up with family. I will be seeing my dad tonight. Since he’s recovered from his illness last year I’ve hardly seen him. I need to change that

House moving is one of the worse things I’ve had to go through. I don’t envy you at all buddy. But better to be on it and ready or it turns into hell. And always good to keep the Mrs happy :grin:

1 Like

Thanks @k_pug2003

So do you work away. (Live in Ireland, work in NI)?

You any good on a skate board? Lol
I can’t get my girls to stay upright with heelies on haha or on a bike. Their balance is shocking. Got them into Karate now (early days) but it’s funny watching them try and do the moves.

Hahaha this is so true :joy:

-45 ooooooof. I’d be tucked up in the house lol
I’d really love a go at skiing though. Looks fab.

Hope you are fixed up soon @amangons and back to normal.

Nice chilled weekend with your lady :ok_hand:
Loooooooove bacon but never tried sour dough. I will def look out for it. Gonna try some new things this year. I’m rubbish with food and eat the same all the time. (That must be where my kids get it from) lol

1 Like

What is Presidents Day? (I could of googled that:confused:)

College over here is like training to learn a trade (Brickwork, carpentry, mechanics as well as IT, Beauty, Business and all sorts of other things)
University is like learning History, Drama or Maths etc

What is college like over there. What do you study?

Marching band, that’s fab. What do you play @Sam_Reed ?
Who are your fav teams you support?

Oggy, it’s not hard to change things up.

Basic yummy sausage casserole… Cook sausages and chop, place in a casserole dish, add small chopped onions, tin chopped tomatoes, tin of Heinz five beans, (pre par boil some potatoes) chop into large ish cubes and out in dish.

Add a chicken liquid stick pot, and a good sprinkle of mixed herbs.

Cook on 180C for approx 45 mins… Done

Savoury mince,

Fry off mince n onions and add medium chopped CHESTNUT MUSHROOMS, add half a jar of spaghetti Bolognese sauce… Serve on mash inside a Yorkshire pudding

There ya go, 2 easy slightly different meals

Oh and yes, I was a chef

PS
You do know, the … OGGU OGGY OGGY, OU OI OI chant is Irish in origin

2 Likes

I’ll pass them on to the wife :joy: to make.

I didn’t know Oggy! Oggy! Oggy! Oi! Oi! Oi! Was originally Irish. :confused:

Well it’s Welsh now :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Live in Northern Ireland, other half and kids live in England. Quitting my job and moving over to England before summer. So need to start looking for a new job soon.

Boys are into scootering so taking them to skate park keeps them busy for a few hours. Last time I was on a skateboard I fell off and broke a couple of fingers :joy::joy::joy: