Apple Updates Made For iPhone/iPad/iPod (MFi) Licensing Program

Perhaps a step in the right direction for more cables and perhaps the elusive lightning to USB-C from our beloved third party manufacturers. What do you chaps think?

5 Likes

This is what we’ve all been waiting for! Now the question becomes how long for Anker to develop and release?

1 Like

Chances are they’ve already been developed but the license to allow releasing was :scream: :grin:

2 Likes

According to that, it looks like the change was announced at the beginning of the year.

This is it boys!

You get one of these with the phone.

I’d like a cheaper Lightening to HDMI too :grin:

1 Like

I see it coming that the people will be confused if they need USB A or USB C. But it is a step in the right direction

1 Like

Finally! We can now see the influx of usb-c to lightning cables!

about time this happened! Cant wait to get a USB-C to Lightning cable from Anker.

@AnkerTechnical not sure when we will see Anker’s cable? :wink:

Any update? When might we see this holy grail released?

I think they should drop lightning and go straight to C.

1 Like

Apple? no way they will drop Lightning, and its anyway still superior to C design wise

It’s about time, but rumor is the next iPhone will move to USB-C

While that would be good, I just can’t see Apple dropping proprietary tech yet on their main money maker…look how stubborn they are on the Macbook’s touch bar…

I know it doesn’t seem likely I’ve been trying to find the article I read yesterday that said they were moving to type C I’ll share it here when I do.

Here’s the article I was referring to, you’re right I guess I stopped reading after it says “this year’s iPhone could include USB-C” and wishful thinking took over. It makes sense they would stay with the lightning port proprietary cables and peripherals are apples bread and butter. I heard that the new MacBook will only work with apple USB-C hubs :-1::-1:

1 Like

If they do go that route I can see sales dropping, which will no doubt force a firmware update down the line to reverse…for a company that is supposed to be a market leader and essentially a re-designer of the wheel (in their own mind) with any new release, they sure can be their own worse enemy…

1 Like

The fragility of their new products and unwillingness to do component board repair in favor of swapping whole boards for top dollar has really turned me off to Apple lately and I have a feeling many other feel the same way. It is a shame because they do design elegant desirable products but if their recent trends continue I can see them losing a huge market share.

They will indeed move to usb-c, but only on the other end of their lightning cable. It is currently usb-a to lightning, we can expect finally usb-c to lightning as standard.

Which is still way, way better than sticking with the old usb-a!

1 Like