Apple Event September 2018

Well, the XR appears to still be 7.5, but Apple advertises the Xs and Xs Max as having faster wireless charging than the X, so I would think either 10 or 15, but I guess you’re right, they could pull another Apple on us and go 12.5 or something crazy like that.

Well, for $50 less, you could have gotten the Xr.

Salt in the wound, man. Salt in the wound.

3 Likes

[quote=“bill_rae, post:18, topic:62457, full:true”]
i have a 256gb iPhone x and i haven’t even filled it half way
[/quote]I have a 16GB iPhone 5s (~12GB actual capacity) with 7GB remaining storage.:wink:

What a tight arse…

NO HEADPHONE DONGLE with a £1,000 phone

https://www.androidauthority.com/apple-iphone-dongle-904121/

Apple is always trying to milk the cow

Given that Apple may have scrapped their powermat I’m not sure what they are trying to do now when it comes to wireless standards

2 Likes

So many new phones, I didn’t even watch the event but I heard about the new phones. I will not be upgrading to them anytime soon. Maybe the Apple Watch though. Good thing I get a good discount!

Discount you say :thinking:

:yum::wink:

Yeah, I have a good buddy that works at Apple and I work at Microsoft so we trade off lol

Any chance of some help thrown this way :tongue:

damn, there was a hint of hope months before the Xs when there were rumors that it will come with a different charging brick…

L

O

L

I’m under the impression they bitten more than they could chew with the PowerMat. It seemed like an amazing tech - though it would come with a huge markup price, sure - but they couldn’t make it work like they wanted.

But, for those prices, they really should put a fast charger in the boxes… It’s one of the annoying things Apple does. The fast charger would cost them very little extra, their markup would remain huge, people would be happy.

1 Like

So I’ve decided to upgrade to the Xs today. Now come the fun of buying accessories - case, screen protector and charging mat :yum:

Hopefully you won’t have this issue from the get go :anguished:

With that price of phone, the case and screen protectors are certainly a no brainer though :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Yeah I watched that but I won’t be backwards in taking it to the Apple shop for a fix/replacement

The charging issue was apples way of forcing users to buy their air mat that they seemingly doomed to end since they can’t get charging right.

But, alas Apple has finally acknowledged the charging issue and said a fix will be released with iOS 12.

2 Likes

I feel like the highest hype for any apple event was in 2016, for the iPhone 7.

1 Like

Think it was the iPhone 5.

Well I thankfully can confirm mine charges while in sleep/rest mode lol

1 Like