App store not working

My capsule is connected to wifi, everything works but when I choose app store it fails with “Network error occured, please verify connection”. I am running latest firmware and using nebula control from iPhone

Again, youtube works etc… so i have a good wifi connection.

Any advice?

factory reset fixed it for one download and then it crapped out again

Perhaps issues with the store itself?

@bill_rae We are so sorry that the Capsule doesn’t work fine for you. Could you please use the 5G network and the distance between the Capsule and the route is within 5m to see if it helps? Also if possible, please try a different network or hotspot to see if there is any difference. If the issue persists, please feel free to email us at support@seenebula.com.

2 Likes

I tried a different hotspot (portable mifi) after my home router just failed to work for app store, 5g worked for one app and bombed out. I’d say I was 20 feet away. The new hotspot worked but I sat the Capsule on top of it.
Is this part of the newest firmware ? I don’t seem to remember it being an issue previously.

Thanks

There may be a problem during the firmware upgrade process. If so, the factory settings should be able to solve this issue.

Can you try to reset your capsule?

setting>about>recovery

Yes I did a reset, it worked for awhile but for some reason will not work when connecting to my ASUS RT‑AC68U on either 2.4 or 5ghz, It says network error on app store. I rebooted modem/router/everything to make sure and didnt help. I had to use a portable hotspot to connect and stay within 2 feet of it. Is there a way to force a firmware refresh to it? It feels like my wifi is gimped.

@bill_rae can you manually check the settings in your router and see if everything is being reported properly and everything is set right? I use to have that router and often times would lose internet connections and I always had to go into settings and fix things after a reset. I also had to manually force the DNS via Google instead of my isp since they kept assigning weird naming schemes. But once I did that everything worked. I eventually got tired if always fixing it so I changed routers

Hi @bill_rae

Please confirm setting your capsule time as the current time.

If you haven’t done so, please go to Settings - General - Date and Time page, and updating the time to the current time.

So I think this method may solve your problem.:grin:

1 Like

ok ill check it out tonight @AnkerOfficial

i use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

cloudflare just released 1.1.1.1 for a faster and more private dns experience btw, and no i havent checked clock on my capsule yet…lol

UPDATE SOLUTION: Check your internet security settings. We use XFi advanced security services. It completely blocked everything being downloaded. Xfi saw every request as a threat. We had to disable the settings on our internet security, and then download what we wanted from the Nebula App Store, then enable our internet security service from Xfi. Easy to do using the XFi app on our smartphone.

1 Like

Hey guys, I had the issue I am connected to Wi-fi but it said no internet.
What worked for me:
In my router “TP-Link” settings DHCP ->Address Reservation-> and set the MAC address of my Nebula II to the IP address that showed up on the Nebula.
Wish I help somebody and have a great day =)

1 Like

@icopiki @Meirda Welcome to the community! Thanks for providing your feedback to help other Nebula users! Hope you can stay and have fun in this community. :hugs::hugs:

1 Like