Anyone notice the "Product Verification" page under the Support tab?

I was just looking around at the new Anker website. Did anyone come across the Product Verification page? That’s interesting. I’m guessing this is for people to verify that their Anker product is a genuine product? What’s your thoughts?

1 Like

I noticed that as well but didnt pay too close attention because I am a newcomer to anker compared to the rest and I thought maybe it was an option that I missed in the past. If it is a new thing, i am very pleased to see that anker is going that direction.

2 Likes

That is definitely something new. Welcome to the Anker family :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks like a new thing going forward. Items will have a security label with a scratch off strip. Once the 20 digit code is entered it will be compared to Anker’s database to see if item is a genuine product. Neat idea, especially with the batteries and SoundCore’s which could cause harm.

1 Like

This is a good idea as there are a lot of the knock-off products on Amazon and eBay!

1 Like

I have had very few Anker products fail on me to need to contact support but on I think one occassion I needed to send the serial number, and it was written on a silver sticker I had chucked off the cable, if I had also chucked the packaging I’d not have that serial number.

This is what needing to get support potentially for 18 months causes:

2 Likes

that is insane…LOL

1 Like

At least your okay for future Christmas present boxes :grin:

Only had a single item fail, used loosely, the battery of my NB10’s were not holding a charge beyond 30 minutes or so, despite moderate use and only 4-5 months of age. My dispatch email served as proof of purchase / date. Emails are much better on space…

this excludes the Amazon outer brown boxes :rage:

Just admit, you have a box fetish :stuck_out_tongue: I’m actually guilty of keeping my boxes for awhile too.

no I throw them after warranty. Probably I could keep a spreadsheet or take photos of the S/N instead.

The biggest in that photo is the Headband Life I won.

Repeat: the Amazon boxes they come in are far bigger.

I actually do the exact same thing. Keep the boxes until the warranty is up. And to keep track of these warranties, I use a Mac app called Compartments. As for the Amazon boxes, I wish that they would cut down on the size of their boxes for smaller items. Makes no sense to get a cooking utensil in a big box… so wasteful. And it’s not like they really pad it neither, it’s just sitting in the box with a couple of air pillows. But it still rattles around so I don’t know how that is even protecting the item. Ok, rant over :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I don’t keep the boxes…