Any plans for Anker app

Hope we get some answers from the ANKER gurus!
Weekend is over soon, so we are waiting!

@kumar.sachin
@Element321
@fhassm
@amada.haro
@iroast
@Oggyboy

Canā€™t image I just saw this threadā€¦
Well, I must say that we are already dealing with this, if everything runs smoothly, you can see our community successful access to discourse APP this year.:grin:

11 Likes

Awesome news Anker. I think it will also encourage others to take part more often as it will be a lot easiest :ok_hand:

1 Like

I FB n Twit and linkden through an app. In fact on a mobile if itā€™s not on an app, you can sometimes lose.

Iā€™d also like to see a generic soundcore app, instead of the one JUST for the flareā€¦ Also with an app, you can send.updates on software via the BT to the device. Maybe evenā€¦ Turn on soundcore appā€¦ Auto turn on BT on device (which MAY solve some of the connection issues??), and set audio eq etcā€¦ All this can happen by just opening the app.

2 Likes

Thats great news. Thanks for updating us!

Patiently waiting.
Well perhaps not patiently :wink:

1 Like

In my opinion, Anker has a great website, this forum is great and their subreddit is up and running nicely, but they are lacking an app and Iā€™ll tell you why I think so. First off the people that are dedicated to Anker, loyal customers, Power Users, Forum Users or just people who generally like Anker products need 1 place where all these different #Anker ā€œAccess Pointsā€ can all be narrowed down. Now I am NOT saying that the app should contain this entire forum, or their site or reddit, but it would be nice to be able to open an app and see all replies, messages, likes etc. from all those different sources so that one knows where to log onto in order to help people, ask questions or just generally get updates about Power User/Draw deals and any other notifications one may receive who is on the sites. Obviously, it would have Ankerā€™s and their ā€œsub-companiesā€ Roav etc., products listed as well. Does anyone have an opinion? Unnecessary? Awesome? If you like the idea, what would you like to see in the app?

Since the site, and forum are very mobile friendly an app seems pretty unnecessary.

1 Like

Maybe, but they have sooo many different parts to this site, I usually have several tabs open just to browse the forum, the site, power user deal and now their reddit. Wouldnā€™t be nice to have a compact style view of your notifications and their product updates. Not to mention the emails. So, I had a problem in the past where their email were being sent to spam, but only some, actually the ones where I won something usually and I missed out. If all of that could be put in an app where I could scan over the most recent replies, emails or just general notifications from #Anker then I think I would be able to be a better member of the community. Plus for @AnkerOfficial it will, in my mind, be another way to ā€œadvertiseā€ your company!

Thank you for your valuable suggestion.
Our first step is to upgrade the community and make it successful access to discourse APP this year.
I think your suggestion will be achieved in the foreseeable future.:grin:

1 Like

I bet itā€™s in progressā€¦

1 Like

sweet, thatā€™s going to be awesome @AnkerOfficial please keep us updated on this thread!

2 Likes

Itā€™s funny how I started the post and Iā€™m replying to this, I am currently finishing a InfoTech program, I also know a few people who work fro themselves who might be interested, but as per @AnkerOfficial, they are already working on it.

What recommendations do you for #Anker or any developers who may currently be working on a new app?

Geeat point @C4RB1N3

To everybody asking for an Anker forum App How about just adding a link to the forum to the home screen of your device? As others have said I would hate for Ankers web presence to get spread too thin.

Between the upcoming Discourse app support and the website and the Reddit I believe these are more than enough options.

I will not hold myself from expressing my frustration with Anker forum on mobile.
Anker forum on mobile is horrendous (sorry Anker but your site is awful on mobile and you should hire better web designers).
Many times I tried to edit my reviews while away from my computer on my iPhone and another android device and no matter what I do i just cannot save the edits. Save button refuses to get clicked.
It was so frustrating at times that I feel like throwing my phone away.
For reading (not editing) it is probably ok but for writing, replying etc it is one of the worst Iā€™ve seen.

1 Like

Get a better phone or use a different browser, I have had no issues ever saving or editing my post. Their mobile site imo is far better than many other sites and forums.

1 Like

Cannot get any better than safari/chrome on iPhone X
Just because you donā€™t have a problem doesnā€™t make the problem go away. Sorry but anker forum on mobile is very problematic.

1 Like

I have noticed a few bugs here and there for example Iā€™m having trouble with getting notifications right now but nothing catastrophic like you have described. But I agree the site is due for a rehaul. I wouldnā€™t blame the developers though if anything they are overworked and could use a new hire to help out. Iā€™m sure they are aware of the issues personally I wouldnā€™t ask for somebodyā€™s job over something so trivial. They might have mouths to feed.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry but businesses donā€™t work without hiring best talent. A sloppy web designer or chemist or engineer or doctor or teacher or ā€œyou get my pointā€ā€¦ are never desired.
Iā€™m only suggesting getting best that you can hire. Only then a startup/early stage company can grow and thrive.
Anker is rapidly growing and soon more and more of their devices will have a corresponding app. Even standalone devices like battery chargers have BMS (Battery Management System) softwares. If these BMS are not written by good competent engineers/programmers, not only it is bad for the devices but also dangerous for end users.
Right now its a trivial issue (I spend 99% of my time on anker forum on my mac) but it does leave an impression on end users like myself.
If no one will criticize then how will improvement happen. I hope this is taken in a positive note.