Another Zolo Liberty+ Review!

Thanks for the review. I am glad you explained the fit, because I have big ears and usually stops me from buying earbuds. They never fit right in my ear. Your review helps me out a lot!

Good summary there, whilst they fit with no issues for me - my main issue is the intermittent audio drop outs and the random pops and crackles which seem to set in now and again.

Additionally, battery life is not exactly generous but mostly fine for my needs.

Iā€™ve been biding my time but itā€™s time to let my review out into the wild soon :grin: stay tuned!

Well done!!

Just keep in mind that itā€™s different for everyone and your mileage may vary! Also I believe Anker will issue a full refund if they donā€™t fit well, so donā€™t hesitate giving them a shot if youā€™d really like to check them out!

Probably wouldā€™ve been a good idea to incorporate battery life and the case into my review.

The way I see it, the battery life without the case could be a few hours longer, but at the same time, because I was already having issues with them falling out way too easily, Iā€™m afraid that would only make it worse without a redesign.

As far as the battery life with the case, itā€™s plenty for meā€¦ the only tradeoff being a larger and heavier case. Iā€™m not bothered by it too much personally.

How about you?

1 Like

I found the battery life of the case to be one of the best features, but I do wish the lid was thicker as it feels like itā€™s going to snap every time I open it!

Itā€™s a great design though and serves itā€™s purpose well. Did you notice the soft touch material at the bottom if the bud compartments? Nice touch! :+1:

Overall Iā€™m happy but they could do so much better - hence the title for my review ā€œZolo Liberty+ - Almost Brilliantā€

Filming starts tomorrow now my pretty lights have arrived :grin:

3 Likes

Just received mine today, after fiddling with the tips and jackets, have a secure fit and stood up to a 15 minute run and 5 one minute sprints.

Nice review!

About your Fit part, I would only say that it must be difficult to really create a product with universal fit. In my case, the left unit sticks in place like it wouldnā€™t fall for nothing, while the right is always a little loose but still very much in place for walking - I never used them for running, but I can say for sure they wouldnā€™t stay in place. That said, I honestly do not believe that any true-wireless earbuds will ever be really recommended for running without some sort of external anchoring support - which, of course, defeats the purpose. Maybe a custom-fit jacket - as in a jacket molded from your particular ears - could do the trick. Iā€™ve read somewhere that musicians sometimes get custom-molded in-ear monitor for their concerts, so theyā€™ll stick in place regardless of the dancing and jumping in the stage, but they are wired.

I do not have AirPods though so canā€™t say for sure.

I donā€™t own AirPods, but Iā€™ve tried them. They will shake loose and fall if you turn your head a bit fast - like what you would do if a sudden noise came from one side, in a way that not even the wired Apple EarPods will - I believe the wire adds just the needed extra weight for it to have the effect you mention. The dancing ad is beautiful, but unrealistic. My friend who owns the AirPods says the connection is basically unbreakable, tough.

As I mentioned, so far no true-wireless earpods can be seriously considered for high-movement activity.

Yet. As the technology evolves, they will become more compact and not stick out as much.

1 Like

Yeah, the Liberty buds are on the smaller side compared to many, but they are still twice the size of wired buds, if not more in some cases.

Agreed, this just needs time to evolve.

Reducing the size will cause it bulge out the ear less. Making it lighter will let it pull out the ear less.

There still remains the fact the brain is a lump of dense fat water protein and radio transmits badly through it.

Mooreā€™s Law would predict about a decade more still.

1/10th the size = 4 lots of halving = 8 years.

1 Like

This is why I propose they use NMFI, near field magnetic induction as it will allow for them to connect without disconnects

There are 4 fundamental forces in physics currently.

• strong nuclear force
  • weak nuclear force
  • electromagnetic force
  • gravity

We can basically merge the weak nuclear force as a by-product of the strong nuclear force due to quarks at the edge of the gluon field.

Given you used the words magnetic induction, you are necessarily using the electromagnetic force, so its in laymanā€™s term means just (non ionizing) ā€œradiationā€.

The issue in the human is between the ears is almost perfectly the spinal cord, through which pretty much all the signals to keep you alive pass through. Test: cut off human head and see if patient survives.

Now I am not saying something is unsafe or bad - no, that can only be found through experiments and evidence - I am saying there is an inherent upper limit of using any technology in that place between the ears. Currently the between-ear signal is dominated by using a wire external to the skull (around the outside) and the buds just send vibration (which is the electromagnetic field through lower frequency radiation) into the ear. If you seek to remove the wire, the physical matter in the core of the human is then the performance loss, if you seek to remove that barrier then it can become dangerous.

I am sure it can be solved safely. Just cautiously, via testing.

1 Like

While I agree testing is needed but currently Near Field Magnetic Induction is currently used in pacemakers and hearing aides. Testing has come a long way between the fields that use those products, the only difference is merging that technology into everyday use and itā€™s sustainability for needs outside of that. If they can make it work for pacemakers as well as hearing aides, and soon to be IOT then surely we can benefit from it in the audio world