Anker Wireless Charging Stand Differences

Hey all!

I was hoping you could tell me how the Anker 2522 and Anker 2521 stands differ? They appear to have the same specs, but the 2522 is thicker and has a fan/vent.

Thanks!

1 Like

The first one, the powerwave 7.5 stand comes with a wall plug and it includes a built in fan to aid in cooling and heat dissipation. The second one doesn’t include a wall plug nor does it have a built In cooling fan. Aside from those differences, spec wise they are similar

4 Likes

Thanks! I suppose then that the cooling fan isn’t really necessary? Can’t imagine Anker would put out a stand without the fan if it wasn’t perfectly fine without it

The fan is to prevent devices from getting extremely hot, some people don’t like even when their phones get warm so you have options in terms of which pad you want. I have both and I personally prefer the one with the fan as I tend to leave mine on the stand a lot longer than most people and thats throughout the day. So my phone does get a bit warm, but the fan helps keep it cool

2 Likes

Agreed. I have both models (with and without fan). The one with fan is definitely cooler and comes with adapter for optimum power supply.

Not sure which upright wireless stand I have, but I never hear the fan (mind.im a deaf bugger, and apart from a perm wooshing sound, I don’t hear much) and I normally hear whiney/high pitched sounds, as they aggravate my ears.

Plus, when I pick my phone off the stand in the morning, it’s cooler than if I left it on wire in the front room.

The one without the fan also has a slightly updated design, as you can probably tell by the pictures.

1 Like

Makes sense, thanks everyone for your responses :slight_smile:

I like the idea of having the cooling fan because I find my phone getting pretty warm when charging on the wireless charger.