Anker Takes a Harder Stance to Protect Its Intellectual Property Rights

Sounds about right :joy:

Glad you guys are taking care of that. It’s a shame you have to deal with that in the first place.

1 Like

Great to see that a major player was caught. hopefully the brand can grow to be more successful where people are naturally aware of fakes vs real

2 Likes

Here’s hoping there’s an East Coast retail store one day.

1 Like

I have a friend who works at a security agency that focuses on counterfeit items. He is primarily on eBay, Amazon, Craigslist, etc. all day at work. It is a never ending battle with counterfeiters, as long as there are products people want, there is someone that will make a fake version to make a quick buck. I think it counterfeit electronics is worse because theefe is the safety aspect that goes into it. Without proper quality inspections and testing, cheaply made chargers, power banks, and cables have the potential to damage expensive items, catch on fire, or even explode.

1 Like

Thanks for supporting our brand, we will try to fulfill your expectation.:grin:

Yeah ,we don’t want that counterfeit items to damage our reputation.:sob:

Is Anker able to share what venues are selling these counterfeit products. I buy my anker products exclusively from the official Amazon store you all have. I’ve also seen Anker Products sold on the AliExpress Shopping app, and surprisingly, Walmart store shelves. I would almost bet you that this counterfeit situation is due to Walmart selling your products on their shelves. There is BIG money behind everything that Walmart sells and distributes and it wouldn’t surprise me if the factory that makes the official anker products also have lines for Walmart Production and the knock offs (or even using your production items that don’t pass quality inspections, passing them off as genuine). I’ve heard of a few stories through the years and with a manufacturing base as China’s tech industry, it wouldn’t be surprising if those factories do everything in their power to push and sell as close to 100% of generated stock as possible using any and all means to get the product out to market.

This information is appreciated, but I think it’s important for you guys to release the names of the places where these fakes were being sold. It might also be a good idea to release information on how to check if the item they bought was genuine.

Considering that fakes can potentially harm, or even destroy our electronics we should know what to look for in fakes.

It’s pretty crazy to think that someone would counterfeit items that are, for the most part, fairly inexpensive.

Crack Down!

What really blows is that tracking and shutting down counterfeiters costs time and money. I can imagine how this would affect product pricing down the line.

The only good thing about this whole ordeal is that Anker prices are already pretty darn low so the profit margin of someone looking to counterfeit is slim.

Profit margin … Haha

In the past, I’ve bought 2 meter braided leads for £1 from eBay, waited 5 weeks and got it… Oh, n nothing for postage.

So, how they.made money, god knows???

Now I have a decent phone and it’s 2 year contracts , I take better care n buy decent accessories (when I can and rhe cat hasn’t chewed it up!)

1 Like

Well done @AnkerOfficial if I spot any I would definitely email marketing too!

1 Like

Patent infringement is like a disease that can really make a great brand sick. Similarly it dilutes the brand reputation due to poor quality imitation.
I’m glad Anker is taking a strong action.

1 Like

This s good news, counterfeit products do nothing but harm the end user

2 Likes

I imagine it’s hard to keep IP straight when manufacturing in Shenzhen. There are SO MANY manufacturers there right now and they all seem to know each other. I’m glad Anker is taking these steps - I trust the brand and don’t feel the need to do alll the additional research I would with a lesser-known competitor.

1 Like

I only buy through an Amazon Prime reseller or the amazon anker store.

Amazon prime reseller doesn’t mean it is covered under warranty as any third part reseller can be covered under prime. You have to make sure it’s Anker direct that is the seller in order to be covered