Anker: stop making audio equipment with MicroUSB - make it USB-C

All Anker audio devices come with a USB cable (that I have bought). Ship it with a USB-C cable.

USB-C is the future so if you’re not leading you’re trailing. Part of the problem or part of the solution.

1 Like

Your right @nigelhealy, its apian to stab the battery 20 times to make it fit. They must have a million micro-usb cables and need to use them up.

Plus many people are wanting to make all their devices transition to USB-C.

Anker is skipping USB-C. Nano-USB or USB-D will be out before they start making many more USB-C accessories.

Was gonna post the same thing. No doubt USB-C is the future but microUSB has pretty much been the go to connection method for mobile devices (non-apple) for several years. Change will happen no doubt but slowly over time.

Thanks everyone’s opinions! No doubt USB-C is the future, and we are actively working to bring new USB-C products to the market. But we should also satisfy other people’s demand on micro USB. So the process will take time to transit, hope your guys can understand.:heart:

1 Like

@nigelhealy
See - only a few more years. The wait has just begun!

In all honesty, though, everyone who prefers microUSB has plenty of Anker speakers/earbuds to choose from already, so from now on, the majority should be USB-C

2 Likes

When do you think Anker’s first audio product with USB-C will be released?

Based on no hints and a general anemic Anker USB-C portfolio, not for at least a year.

I’ll just keep randomly stabbing MicroUSB in for a long time.

1 Like
1 Like

+10000

Just make it USB-C

1 Like

Maybe with the updated / re-tooled SoundCore Pro…

Every time I come back to this thread, I think of this :laughing:

1 Like

I guess both cost and compatibility.

I totally agree. To get consumers to use USB-C companies need to start making it the new standard and including it on ALL of their products, whether it is a powerbank, earbuds, or a monitor.

1 Like

Guys it’ll take time. Like any new transitions in tech. Did everyone suddenly start owning smart phones? No it took time for people to finally adopt and get used to them. Same thing is happening with electric cars. RIght now we’re are transitioning and eventually Gas/Petral cars will be no more. After a few years we’ll forget about micro USB ever having existed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

There are adapters to convert your existing cable to usb-c.

Other way round. If I have only USB-C everything apart from an Anker Bluetooth headphone, then I’m only carrying a MicroUSB cable because Anker is making me.

I already carry micro to USB-C now and carry micro cables and then convert them to USB-C, but that method will not work when my USB-C devices are USB-PD, and then its carrying micro cable for micro types, USB-C cable for USB-C types, i.e. two cable types.

1 Like

the micro usb port is easy to be loosened and fall off the pcb. so anker should include usb C in every product and increase the price a bit.

USB-C Team! USB-C power!

1 Like