Anker Soundcore Life P2 Review

Anker Soundcore Life P2 came in a small box with a charging case, a charging cable, a selection of different sized ear tips and an easy to understand manual in several different languages.

The charging case itself is pretty compact and fits into my palm easily. For charging it uses USB-C type plug which, in my opinion, is future proof. The case has a nice magnetic closure and the earbuds inside are magnetically secured. This makes it easy to put them to charge but I found a little bit hard to get them out of the case.
I liked that these earbuds came with a selection of custom silicone ear tips in five different sizes: XS/S/M/L/XL. It was very easy for me to change to smaller ones for a better fit. I had them in my ears the whole working day and I felt comfortable all the time. They securely stayed in my ears during my cycle commute to work too.

The battery life delivered around 7 hours of playback on medium volume. About half an hour before discharging completely there were some warnings about a low battery. A quick 10-minute charge provided me another hour of playtime. I didn’t like that my phone doesn’t have any visual battery indication. Only upon turning earbuds on I can hear female voice indicating “Battery high/medium/low”. Although I would prefer to know the percentage level instead.
I was really happy to see these earbuds equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 which provides a really strong connection. I was able to freely walk around my office without experiencing any interruption even through a concrete wall! It’s a huge improvement over my older wireless earbuds with Bluetooth 4.0. The pairing to my iPhone and Macbook was pretty straightforward - I just took the earbuds out of the case and they automatically went into pairing mode. However, seems like these earbuds don’t support multiple devices at the same time. Once I turn them on they automatically connect to the last device used but if I want to switch to the other paired device they just won’t connect until I manually disconnect from the first device. This is a bit inconvenient as I like to switch often between my phone and laptop as I go out and back to the office.

I’ve listened to many different genre songs at different volumes and noticed that a bass is a little bit too strong to my taste but the overall sound quality is quite good. The earbuds also have built-in control buttons which can turn them on/off, control playback (play/pause/back/forward) or phone (answer/hang up/invoke voice assistant). Although the control buttons work great they’re pretty hard to press causing discomfort in my ear if I do it. Also, physical volume control would be nice too.
Even though there are some small issues with Anker Soundcore Life P2 wireless earbuds, overall I’m still very happy with them. The sound quality is not perfect but very decent price, strong Bluetooth connection and good battery life make these earbuds a great choice.

7 Likes

Great review and first post @andrius.janusas :+1:t2:

Thanks for your review, I can’t speak for the iphone but my Samsung displays the battery level of these when I have it connected

Great review and great photos.

Great review!

awesome review and nice pics! great job! :clap:

iPhone displays battery for all earbuds I’ve used, so I think it should display for these as well…

Great review and pics! I really need to get a paid of these.

That was a great review and pro style photos, well done @andrius.janusas

Nice review!!!Thank you my friend !

Great review and pics @andrius.janusas thanks for sharing your experience!

Great review