Anker SoundBuds Sport Slim bluetooth button does not work

I just bought Anker SoundBuds Sport Slim to connect with my Oneplus One phone. However, the button does not seem to work at all. I wonder whether there is a known problem on that. I tried to test it via Bluetooth Headset Test and it didn’t detect any button being triggered at all

Not to be one to state the obvious, but has it been charged fully via a plug and not a battery bank? Some power banks do not register the minimal voltage and thus turns off leaving people to think their headset is fully charged

I can turn on and off, listen to the music, turn volume up and down but play-pause, skip track do not work.

Are you using an Android or iPhone? Some Android phones have been known to have similar issue with certain Bluetooth headphones and usually it comes down to the program or app being used.

1 Like

Hi @test11,
It sounds like the button may still be functional since you can use it to turn the headphones on and off. Do you have another phone available you could try pairing it to in order to determine if it may be an issue when paired specifically to the Oneplus One (as @elmo41683 mentioned)? If you still have difficulties, feel free to reach out to support@anker.com for further assistance.

I’m a spaz I completely missed the One plus phone.

Anyway the OnePlus phones have always had issues with Bluetooth in one shape of form or another. Most people have success clearing the Bluetooth cache, and others by changing the app they use for music. Another one is that when people use overlays or different launchers it can effect how the phone reacts so if your using a launcher try to use the stock launcher and test after clearing the cache

@TechnicallyWell @test11 Thanks for the response! @elmo41683 Sorry to know you are having issue with the button function of the earbuds. May I trouble you to let us know which button of the earbuds doesn’t work? May I trouble you to try the earbuds on another phone to see if it works fine? If the problem still there, please contact us via support@anker.com. We are happy to help you with the replacement or refund.