Anker Soundbuds Slim's pairing memory cannot be reset

Hi, so I have been a happy owner of my Anker Soundbuds Slim for over a year now, but today I run into a problem that could push me towards purchasing a new pair of earbuds.

I recently bought a new laptop and soon found out that I can’t connect my Anker to it. At first, I thought that it was a problem with the laptop. But subsequent tests show that the problem is in the Anker after it failed to pair with 2 laptops and 1 phone. I suspect that I have hit the 8-device limit. The online manual that I could find said that I need to hold the “+” and “-” button for a couple of secs to reset the device’s pairing history, but all that did was to change the Anker to pairing mode.

Any helps or pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Product link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N6DC2ZE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

pressing + and - and hold enters pairing mode, that is not a reset.

You need to do this instead to reset.

If this worked, don’t think me a genius, I just used the search top right…

3 Likes

Unfortunately it doesn’t. Maybe that one was for a more premium or newer model.

Sorry to hear. Try again, a few times. I’m 80% sure that works on all of this family of buds.

Did you read the fact you had to do while being charged? It’s to stop accidental reset.

1 Like

So I was about to post a different response, but I just found out that my buds only erase history with 1 device at a time when they are paired with said device (which explains why the universal reset instruction doesn’t work).
I just managed to pair them with a new phone but not the new laptop. Will update later if anything develops.

That still sounds like you’re following the pairing mode instructions not the reset instructions.

Apologies for the late response, the end of year is a chaotic and busy time. I have actually just found out the solution couple hours ago. So here is a summary:

• Pressing the play and the “+” button while in pairing mode is indeed the only way to trigger the reset for my device. Apparently it’s an older model.
  • The older model also explains why I couldn’t pair it with my new laptop. It just can’t communicate with laptops that use the RFCOMM Protocol TDI Bluetooth.
  • I figured the fact above after testing it with 6 laptops and 2 additional newer Anker Soundbuds models (another Soundsbud Slim and a Soundcore Spirit X). The newer ones are fine but mine only pairs with those using Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth and its equivalents.
1 Like