Anker SoundBuds Slim Audio-Video delay

@tnamouz @AnkerSupport I’m running into the same issue on my android phone. The video lagging behind the audio also becomes more pronounced the longer the playback time.

1 Like

@AnkerSupport I am facing the same issue with Anker Soundbuds Slim and OnePlus 7. Audio is ahead of video by 2-3 seconds. Also, the video doesn’t play that smoothly with Anker earphones connected. I tested
the same phone with 2 more bluetooth earphones Boat Rockerz and Sony WC300, they are working fine. Surely, this is an Anker only issue.

1 Like

@tnamouz @AnkerSupport I am experiencing the same issue as the posters above. I received my SoundBuds yesterday and they work flawlessly on my phone (Samsung s9) for music, gaming and video. I tried them today with my MacBook Pro and noticed that the sound was about 2 seconds ahead of the video playback in Youtube. I tried deleting the Bluetooth profile, resetting the headphones and refreshing the page a number of times but I continue to have the sync issue. The work-arounds listed above have not worked for me. I have other Bluetooth headsets that have worked fine with my MacBook. Is there a fix for this issue yet or should I reach out for a replacement pair?

Thanks All!

UPDATE: I just played some PUBG Mobile again and did notice the audio and video was slightly off sync but I know this is probably more of an issue with running bluetooth headphones in general.

1 Like

I got my Anker Slim + yesterday and have found the same problem. The video lags behind the audio by a few seconds. The lag happens when I use my macbook pro on several websites. However, there is no lag between audio and video when I use my phone ( Moto G4). I have tried deleting the bluetooth profile from my macbook as some of you suggested but it did not fix the problem.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue (audio 2-3 seconds BEFORE video) but with the anker soundbuds curve, not the slim. Has anyone found a fix yet?

1 Like

@AnkerSupport I also am not able to reset the Soundbuds slim + by pressing both volume up and down at the same time…

1 Like

same issue here. super annoying…

1 Like

@AnkerSupport same issue here. Any workaround for audio 1-2 secondsahead of video. I have tried the steps listed thus-far.

1 Like

Same issue here. I’ve had the original Soundbuds Slim for 18 months and never had this issue. Just treated myself to the Soundbuds Slim + for the increased battery life but they are unusable because of this delay.

I open Netflix or whatever, press play, The audio starts whilst the video stays frozen, and then the video starts but theres a 2-3 second delay between the audio playing and the video starting which continues throughout. Same issue on both my iphone 7 and ipad mini. Netflix, Prime video, Youtube all behave the same.

I should have stuck with my old pair… seriously unimpressed.

1 Like

Exactly the same issue with my soundbud slims. Tested on galaxy tab s3, note 8, iPhone X and iPad mini. Very odd. Video on Netflix/Plex/YouTube stutters for a few seconds as soon as you start playing and then audio comes before what’s happening on screen.

Disappointed Anker hasn’t replied to this thread, have been an advocate of their stuff for years.

Mainly use them for podcasts, which is why I didn’t realise for weeks this was an issue.

1 Like

Just started using mine and had exactly the same problem trying to watch video. Have disconnected and reconnected and audio still starts about 3 seconds before video.

Has anyone found anything else that helps other than restarting?

1 Like

I just got the Soundbuds Slim + because my old soundbuds broke. My old ones worked fine on my Mac but the new ones have they same video delay issue. I took me a while to find this forum, because usually the audio is delayed not the video with bluetooth headphones. It works fine on my ipad though.

1 Like

Hi . Yesterday i have purchased my New Anker Soundbuds slim + with 18 months warranty.
I have experiencing the same problem with online videos (netflix, youtube, facebook etc) . Video lags behind the audio. I the starting video hangs for sometime and the audio continues to play then video start playing and in this way video lags behind the audio even i have tried with 4 phones and laptop but problem remains the same. Whats the solution for this. Kindly solve this with firmware update or something else. Becuase 25 dollars are not little amount. You could have solve this via update thorugh your app.

1 Like

Even I’m facing the same problem with my OnePlus device, I’m guessing it has something to do with One Plus rather than Slim+ because my headset is working fine in other devices

1 Like

So whats the solution you have for this condition ?

1 Like

Temporary Solution is to restart the phone whenever who watch a video and it works fine until to disconnect it however I haven’t found any solution that fixes it entirely. It’s so frustrating because it works perfectly in my friends devices.

1 Like

Same issue (video behind audio). Just tried a few things and made some observations:

• On OSX the headphones use the SBC codec by default. I tried installing a Bluetooth Explorer app and forcing aptX but it would always fall back to SBC. I was able to get it to use AAC, but that showed no noticeable improvement.

• If a video is paused and I press play, the audio starts playing almost straight away, but the video sits for about 4 seconds before playing. It then continues playing out of sync.

• People in the thread have mentioned “deleting the bluetooth profile” and I can only assume this refers to removing and re-connecting the device? I am unable to find any explicit references to profiles in my system preferences. Either way, I’ve not had success removing/adding the device, or re-booting my machine.

• Bonus feedback: I tried searching in the thread for information about these bluetooth profiles, but for some ungodly reason this website has decided to hijack the [Ctrl|Cmd + f] shortcut to launch some custom UI jank. This is not helpful, it is user interference.

1 Like

I have the same issue, but is app dependent. If I’m in the YouTube app, it works, but playing the same video embedded in a WhatsApp conversation, I experience a delay. Has been hit and miss with Plex and Netflix as well. A fix here would be greatly appreciated, as resetting, headphones, iPhone and BT profile does not solve issue.

1 Like

Get rid of your iPhones and problem solved. Far to many people have audio sync issues using youtube or Netflix apps on iPhones. And yet apple still does nothing, but hey blame the headphones because that’s what your using when it happens.

Btw, many have reported they do NOT have the same issue if they go to those sites on their browser and watch videos

On my android phone, I had the same problem some days ago. I found that turning on the headset first and then turning on the bluetooth resulted in the problem being solved.

1 Like