Anker Soundbuds IE20 not turning on. Troubleshooting?

Hi Guys!
I’ve had the Anker sports IE20 for two weeks, and now when I connect the USB charger, the red light comes on, and then in 30 seconds turns steady blue like it’s fully charged. But when I disconnect the charger, the blue light blinks rapidly and then turns off. I can’t turn them on, and can’t connect any devices. Is there a way to fix this?

I’m not familiar with the prroblem but by coincidence a different earbuds thread here might apply?

It sounds like a warranty issue, email support@anker.com with as much detail as possible.

if you hadn’t said they’d been working before I’d say your phone isn’t BT paired connecting so the earbuds powersave themselves turn off.

they pair for a few seconds after I remove the USB connnection, and then turn off. It seems to be to be a battery issue or something. They are not able to be independently on.

It sounds like you have the earbuds at fault but given there can be a day or so turnaround with emailing support@anker.com, it would be faster to solution to you if you try to eliminate possible causes.

Try a different device like different phone, it might there’s something up with the pairing, like a new software push to your phone. Probably isn’t that but try it and if it behaves the same then in your email to support@anker.com stating you tried different devices and the fault is the same helps add weight to it being the earbuds.

I had an IE20 fail on me quite some months ago, I gathered as much “it’s not my fault” as possible and got an instant reply of they will ship a replacement. I then lost my IE20 and I got the newer Slims which I actually prefer, they stay in the ear better and the BT works over longer distance so they are new faves (with me all the time).

3 Likes

@nigelhealy Thank you for your response. @Shaun_Matsheza We received your email and answered your questions in the email. If they are defective, we are more than happy to help you with the replacement or refund. Thanks.

I’m afraid it seemed as if the problem was sorted, but it still isn’t. They give the impression that they are fully charged, but then they turn off once I remove them from the charger. I’m using the original cable, and have tried different laptops. It’s not that they are refusing to pair, it’s that they are not turning on once they are not connected to the usb charger. The light is off, and they don’t enter pairing mode. It sucks because I really do like the earphones and am already missing the convenience they bring…

Thanks so much Nigelhealy, I hope this is a problem that can easily be sorted as returning them will be problematic. I ordered them in the US, but I’m now back in the Netherlands. unless Anker also ships to Amsterdam.

Chances are Anker can ship a replacement from nearer Netherlands such as from Germany or from UK, it is a country-neutral package (unlike say a Powerport which has regional plug shape).

1 Like

here is an unlisted youtube video showing my current problem. Note that this is after they have been on the charger for more than two hours.