Anker RRP on Amazon UK

Does anyone else think that the overly inflated RRP prices on Amazon make realistic reading? The really expensive prices they are supposedly sold for just seems silly, and it’s also misleading. I think Anker should differentiate themselves and stand for “good value always” , and not potentially misleading customers? If they made it clear in all images and text that the normal price is fantastic for the received quality etc I’m sure they would sell more. 80% off an £80 (?) portable battery that’s actually never sold for more than £20 starts to rub me the wrong way.
Over the last few years I’ve bought and recommend tons of Anker gear and I know the quality and support is excellent too.

What do others think of the inflated RRPs?

1 Like

A lot of companies overinflate the RRP, it’s mostly that obvious that I take no notice anymore.

This does seem to happen a lot on Amazon, it’s like the ebay sellers that will sell you a laptop for 99p but the shipping is £250 (extreme example of know).

It certainly would be a refreshing change for a company not to do it but if everyone else is at it there’s serious pressure on Anker to follow suit.

It’d be nice if amazon tracked a company’s selling prices & won’t let you put a stupid rrp on if you never actually sold it for that price

1 Like

Yeah, it is also known as price gouging! I would say at least you know what the Maximum price is, plus you always have the option of shopping around and comparing amazon with ebay.co.uk or Rakuten or pcworld.co.uk or currys.co.uk
I have this Chrome application called Honey (joinhoney.com/ref/haywrg) it scans for coupons and discount codes, however the best feature is a price checker feature, so if you add something to your basket and click on “add to drop list”, it tracks the price history over time and shows you when the best time to buy it is when it is at its lowest price. Check it out, as it’s free !
I find that both amazon and best buy always have great deals on Open Box / Refurb items.