Anker Reviews - Tech Forums? Tech Websites?

Where is everyone posting their Anker reviews these days? I know the Amazon policy changed about a year or so ago… so I was curious… where everyone was posting reviews… besides here on the Anker forum.

Is there a Tech review forum anyone is a member of and post there regularly?

Please provide website names/links as appropriate.

Thank you.

2 Likes

You can still post stuff on Amazon. I still do.

2 Likes

ok. Anyone else? any other forums or tech sites?

I’ve been doing mine on facebook but I might revert back over to youtube videos. My video editing program got mucked up for a while.

1 Like
  1. I write reviews on Amazon, then post the link to the review on my Facebook & Twitter.
  2. Slickdeals.net
  3. My own website that I started recently: AskJulian.com
3 Likes

Primarily keep mine on Amazon, here and Facebook but do expand to YouTube if the item is audio/video related and can be demonstrated, such as speakers, dashcam etc…

1 Like

Amazon mostly, but I also take some Instagram sometimes.

1 Like

Have you gotten that amazon message that blocks you from posting a review due to “having a relationship with the seller?” Cause I have. Even if I buy something from Anker and want to review it on amazon it blocks me from doing so.

1 Like

No blocks. Some of my older reviews were removed during the initial purge because they contained ‘sample for review’ but when I put them back up, or created new ones created, removing this phrasing has prevented a block/removal or flag.

It’s funny that amazon is kinda twisting out arm on the matter. By saying “I received this product in exchange for a review” then people at least know that there is always that “possibility” that the review can be slanted. But now that we’re forced not to say it… it’s like Amazon is screwing itself over review-wise.

So, What do you do… instead?

I post my review on Facebook. My friends and family know that I review products for Anker so it gives them an opportunity to ask me about the products. And they know I wouldn’t recommend something to them if I didn’t actually like it. So it adds that personal touch ^-^

Clean interface and easy to navigate. Good job.

Nice website ! I am actually thinking about starting one, or a Youtube channel. Haven’t decided yet.

1 Like

I started my own tech blog on WordPress to post them it’s customisable and easy to use. I’m enjoying as I don’t have rules that I have to adhere too like I do on Amazon or worry about if they will wipe my reviews or not. Plus I get to add in some of my humour and wit with them here and there so it’s all good :slight_smile:

I debated on doing that but it’s a matter of building an audience… YouTube is far less comfortable to be on camera but it’s the first place most people go to when they want to learn what a product can do.

1 Like

I post on:

1. Medium
  2. Facebook
  3. Twitter
  4. LinkedIn
3 Likes

:joy: I started my own website for pretty much the same reasons! Well, there are still FCC rules you have to adhere to, but it is nice not worrying if Amazon is going to wipe all of my hard work!

3 Likes

Exactly! Whenever I do post one on Amazon I make sure I store it in my notes on my iPad that way if it did get deleted I can just post it elsewhere :wink:

1 Like