Anker PowerWaves Stand Review

Here I have there Anker PowerWave Stand, not to be confused with the newer PowerWave II Stand.
I am big fan of wireless charging and I use it daily. As an audio engineer on the road, when traveling, it is so nice to be able to set my phone down while I am working and as soon as I have to go fix something on stage, I can grab my phone quickly and easily.

I won’t bore you with specs as you can view those on Anker.com or Amazon, and I assume if you’re looking at getting a wireless charger, you probably already know what will and won’t work.

My initial impressions were that it feels a bit cheap compared to other Anker products I have purchased. The stand itself is thin enough that it will bend with a moderate amount of force. I would be hesitant to put this in a backpack or bag without a dedicated place where it will be safe. It does use Micro USB, which is a bit of a bummer as almost everything else I own is USB C; but I do realize this is an older generation 1 product.

What I do like about this is that it does everything it claims to do. Some other wireless chargers are finicky to get it to charge, but this one has not problems from the moment I set it down. It charges quickly with the proper proper wall adapter. The angle of the stand is non adjustable but the preset angle is perfect for most.

What I do not like is like I mentioned before, it is not USB C. The plastic makes it feel cheap but for $20, I can’t complain. One nit picky thing I will say is that the USB port is on the left side of the stand which ruins the symmetry when routing my cables. I do not have a large desk and having it in the center would be more preferred in my case.

Overall this product is something I will keep on my work desk at home for as long as I have a Qi enabled phone. I will probably continue bringing my PowerWave Pad on the road with me as a circular design does much better in my Pelican case and I don’t worry about it breaking as I might with this. I give this product 4.5/5 stars.

Here is a photo of the stand in context to my desk:

3 Likes

Good review and nice photos.
Seems you need a ANKER mouse and spoundcore speaker to complete you equipment! :grin:

2 Likes

Hey @jocr225
Great review.
I got one recently and am pulling together a few words to review.
Have a great day.

nice review :sunglasses:

Nice review… thanks for sharing!

Nice review and photos!

Nice review and desk setup :+1:

Nice review, thanks for sharing @jocr225

Hey @jocr225!
Welcome to our community and thanks for your review!
And don’t forget to submit your review link on the completed testing page, so our product team can have your review on record. :wink: