Anker PowerPort Atom PD 4 100W Charging station deal for $79.99

Personally, I’d avoid the PD4. It’s still too expensive and large.

The 60W for $25 is excellent value. I feel 85W is easy for Anker to do next month but they have a habit of being slow in release.

It’s similar hardware in Ravpower, if Anker wanted to lose customers due to glacial release.

Hubs take power for themselves. Electronically you don’t really want a DC-DC step down, you’d want to try to keep Voltage in and out the same, as 20V cannot go less than 45W, so means either 65W in, and say 50W out (hub takes say 15W), or 85W in 70W out.

So with laptops commonly liking 65W, with a hub, you force the need for 85W charger. Say the hub had one A port feeding it 10W, the other ports and the hub itself 10W, you see how any decent hub’s port force the 85W charger to exist, or you’re hurting your hub business.

But logic doesn’t mean it will happen.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind settling with an 85w then when the 8-in-1 comes out, just hopefully they are both released around the same time or I might have to get the 90W RAVPower (Its on sale on Amazon rn too for $50 :disappointed:)

If the 85W comes it will be pricey, assuming a floor of $30, means launch price $65-$70, you’d have to wait a few month til a brief $40.

1 Like

I’m waiting for Anker devices that have only USB-C. Sure, I understand they want to be flexible. But I’ve decided no more USB-A. Not cables, not chargers. Nothing USB-A. I’ve cut over to USB-C.

1 Like