Anker Powerport 2 problem

My PowerPort 2 did something weird today and I hope someone can explain why. I was charging my iPad Air with the oem cable and I also had an Anker Powerline+ attached but not connected. When I went to check on it a few hours later the charger was flashing. The iPad was fully charged so I pulled out the cable from the iPad then stuck it in again and it went to green. I have not been able to replicate the problem again but I took a little video when it happened.

Mine does that sometimes. I think it’s a design bug but not enough to complain.

My theory is trickle charge is turning on/off rapidly

1 Like

yeah happens to me too, but only on certain devices once they’re full.

1 Like

I’ve noticed similar behavior with my PowerPort 2 as well. When your device is close to being fully charged, it will “trickle charge” until full and then will slightly discharge and recharge to maintain 100%. This causes the light to flash between green and blue as your device is drawing small amounts of power.

2 Likes

Thanks, This is what I had assumed but it is surprising that there is no literature about this in the manuals or on the website. That’s exactly how my CGM solar charge controller behaves to keep my AGM battery from overcharging. I emailed Anker support Sunday morning to see what they would say about it but haven’t heard back yet. Not a big deal though, I was just curious :slight_smile: