Anker powerline Lightning Cable Review

If we had to buy an extra Lightning cable for charging our iPhone or iPad, or replace one that’s broken, I have been sent the 3cable, and I think it hits all the right notes in terms of design, functionality, and price. It’s impossible for us to test every Lightning cable, but having tested hundreds of them since Apple replaced the 30-pin connector in 2012, and after comparing the PowerLine cable against our previous top picks, we can say that Anker’s cable stands out from the crowd.

If you’re concerned about cable longevity, spend some money and pick one of Anker’s cables. Our teardown revealed the interior construction to be the same as our pick’s, but Anker offers a lifetime warranty (compared with 18 months for the standard PowerLine) and claims the cable can withstand more than twice as many bends.

Apple has started letting other companies make MFi-certified USB-C–to–Lightning cables. I have tested the cable and think it outdoes the Apple version. Its rubber casing is sturdier than Apple’s and the plastic housings that join the metal connectors to the cable are built to withstand bending more, and I plan to test them against our pick and update this guide accordingly as they become available.

The pictures are coming soon!

4 Likes

Nice review! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Great job :+1:

1 Like

Good review, keep up the good work! :clap:

Good review - looking forward to seeing some pics