Anker Powerline Cable Series Comparisons - II, +II, III, and +III

This is where I’m stuck today, trying to decide which cable to get. Should it be the Powerline II, regular Anker, Powerline III as long as it’s a usb-c to lightening cable that will work with this USB C Charger, Anker 65W 4 Port PIQ 3.0 & GaN.:weary::weary:

Have any Anker cables failed for you?

1 Like

No, I’ve never used them. I’m confused about which to but to buy with the wall charger. While doing my research, :wink: PCMag said the Powerline II was the one to get. However, I see there are regular Anker premiums that are usb c to lightening, and this one that’s on sale for Prime Day…

USB C to Lightning Cable, Anker New Nylon USB-C to Lightning Charging Cord for [6 ft MFi Certified]

Is there a difference!?!? :woman_shrugging:t3:

The important things to consider:

USB port type.

USB-C to Lightning has a 18W (soon 20W) maximum.
USB-A to Lightning is 12W maximum.

So you’re better off in the long term buying a USB-C port and a C to Lightning cable. 18W - 20W is using 9V so the current is 2A-2.2A, the 12W is 2.4A, a slightly higher current. So higher current loses more in the cable, so a A-Lightning cable will lose more of the 12W than the C-Lightning cable will lose less of the 18W-20W.

If your phone is so old it is not 18W-20W then these are future benefits of any cables and chargers you buy now.

Of the chargers with USB-C ports, it’s form factor, port count, you need to think about, what other devices.

If someone with an Iphone randomly stopped me in the street and on threat of torture demanded to know the best charger, I’d likely tell them to get this:

They can’t get wrong.

If they said they also had some buds and other things then I’d likely them tell them to get this

https://www.anker.com/products/variant/powerport-pd-2/A2625121

IF they mentioned iPads and laptops then I’m more into this (waiting a discount for it)

1 Like

I just ordered the Anker 63/4. It’s on discount now for Prime Day!!! All of my devices are Apple; iPhone XR, iPad 7th Gen, watch 4th series and AirPods, 2 Gen. I probably won’t charge the watch on it since it has its own personal stand. So, are the cords I posted ok for that wall charger/my devices!?!?!:weary::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Cool. You can’t go wrong with that, does everything well.

Are you aware of this cable?

https://www.anker.com/products/variant/powerline-ii-3in1-cable/A8436021

If you have 1 of those cables then you in total do:

• USB-C cables, such as C-Lightning long cable and C-Lightning short cable, long cable to typically what is in your hand and shorter cable to the other distant device and the shorter cable is good for use with a Powercore.
  • the 3-in-1 does anything but at 10W maximum, so connect the less important / slower / smaller to this.
  • An A-MicroB cable for legacy devices. You own these already.

Personally I’d have a 6ft C-C, 3ft C-C, 3-in-1, smartwatch dock. Then I can charge 4 things at once of the 5 things I have of tablet, phone, Powercore, watch, buds.

1 Like

Link. Show me. I’m not seeing discount.

Yes, I’ve had one of those before. Didn’t fare well for me, but then again I didn’t have use for the Android type end unless I had a different type Bluetooth.

Apparently the time to order at discount is up. It was $36.79 when I ordered.
Sorry…:weary:

Wrong one. Don’t recommend that. It’s a single C and 3 A.
I know they look similar. This is the one to wait for 2 C 2 A 63W

Pricey right now.

In absence of this one getting discounted can’t go wrong with the smaller wall chargers.

If you got the 1 C + 3A 65W for $36.79 then you’re well on the way.

1 Like

Yes, I already ordered, delivering Friday. I just noticed the one you sent is different. Nah, haven’t seen it on sale or at a discount today.

1 Like

Afternoon Professor,

Hope you’re having a great day!!:slight_smile: I received my wall charger Thursday and the cords yesterday. :weary:. The C to lightening doesn’t work with my iPad. I’m sure someone probably told me that. I ordered two, one for phone and iPad. Soooooo, since I have the 7th Generation which some say no matter what it’s not going to change speed; should I send back, keep, send wall charger back and get the latest one that’s available 10/19 with two A ports!?! :woman_shrugging:t3:

I think it’s @technicallywell said iPad wouldn’t work C L ?

Phone does work C L?

You bought the 4 port 1 C 3 A charger?

So that charger will work well.of you get better devices in the future so charger you iPhone C L and your iPad A L ?

1 Like

LoL, Really Professor!!!:flushed::rofl: until I get better devices!!??!! I have pretty good devices, lol. XR phone, 7th generation iPad. 4th series watch, etc.:rofl::rofl::rofl:. So let’s be clear, theirs no need to get the newer PowerPort Atom wallcharger that you suggested you were getting?! It has two C ports 45 and 18 I think and I could charge my iPad in one. Or Just get a lighting usb cord for my iPad for the A port instead of using what came in the iPad box.:exploding_head: