Anker PowerDrive2 Alloy Review

Hello there!

Just want to say firstly how glad I was to have been picked to review this product - really needed a new car charger and aside from being just a really nice and quality product, it has been a lifesaver recently with a few long journeys! :yum:

Please find my review of the PowerDrive 2 Alloy below.

Still waiting on a few reviews to be approved on Amazon etc. but will append links below as soon as they come through!

• Charles

Product images:

Full review below:

First of all and most noticeably is that Anker PowerDrive 2 Alloy has a lovely dark metal exterior, giving it a quality finish and solid build. The charger comes in at just 20g which whilst light, gives it a little bit of weight and again, a feeling of quality. Two USB sockets are provided on a plastic face-plate, each facing opposite directions - which has been handy with some of my oddly shaped cables!

Using the charger is as simple as popping it into your car’s cigarette lighter, plugging your phones/tablets in and letting it go from there. Having tried it in two cars (MINI and Benz) it fits and holds snugly in sockets and doesn’t fall out mid-drive. Taking it out however is made easy by the top jutting out with a slightly raised head that can be grabbed onto and pulled easily.

Having originally struggled along with a cheap charger, the most noticeable change is that it charges faster than my old charger - outputting 4.8 A across the two USB ports, with a maximum of 2.4 A per port. It also makes use of Power IQ which for some phones adjusts voltage output, allowing for even faster charges. (Mostly noticed this with iPhones but not my Huawei Mate 8 sadly).

Additionally, it is worth mentioning that Anker provides an 18-month warranty on the charger. Having had one product go wrong a while ago and needed to have contacted them - they are very responsive and make sure that your issue is resolved swiftly - organising replacements quickly if needed.

Overall, for those looking to get a high-quality metal in-car USB charger from a brand that stands behind their product, I wholly recommend getting one of these!

5 Likes

Good review man :+1:

Good review @Charles_Matthews thanks for sharing :ok_hand:

Good Review!

Nice review! :ok_hand:

Great review, thanks for sharing :+1:

Good review! Thanks for sharing.

Good review! Thanks!