Anker PowerDrive Speed 2 VS. PowerDrive+ 2

Hello,
I can’t figure it out what’s the difference between PowerDrive Speed 2 and PowerDrive+ 2.
They both have 2 usb sockets, both support QC 3.0, PowerIQ and VoltageBoost. Is it possible that PowerDrive Speed 2 is more expensive just because of its looks?
Thanks, David

One has 2 QC3 sockets, other has 1 QC3 socket and 1 non-QC socket?

The PowerDrive +2 has 42W whereas the Speed only has 39.

1 Like

I’m puzzled. I am deciding between the PowerDrive Speed 2 and the PowerDrive+ 2 for my mom and dad to charge their LG G4s. The G4 supports QC 2.0, but they would like a charger compatible with 3.0 for their next phones (probably the V20) in a year or two down the road.

I see that the Speed 2 has 2 QC 3.0 ports, and outputs 39W. The + 2 has one QC 2.0 port and one QC 3.0 port, but for some reason, it is 42W. It seems like the Speed 2 is superior in all ways except for the wattage. Does anyone have an explanation? And which one would you recommend?

@ndalby do you have an explanation?

Not exactly my specialty, perhaps due to the wider selection of voltage’s allowed between the QC 2.0 and QC 3.0 standards

1 Like

So no one has answered this yet? I have the same question. It seems the speed has 2 quick charge 3.0 ports and the + has 1 quick charge 3.0 and 1 quick charge 2.0/poweriq. According to the specs each quick charge 3.0 on the speed provides 6.5volts3amps=19.5 for its maximum wattage, it also does 9volts2amps=18watts. Since they dont sell the + on ankers site anymore I don’t know how they are getting 42watts. if it was split evenly it would be 21 watts per port, which would be some variation of 7volts3amps=21watts. (it can’t be with poweriq, because power iq tops out at 5volts2.4amps=12 watts). perhaps 9volts*2.5amps=22.5watts which would leave 19.5 watts for the second port?

maybe anker rep can weigh in?

1 Like

I always recommend tagging them like this if you are requesting their input.

@AnkerOfficial / @AnkerSupport

1 Like

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I’ve been wondering about this too. Can’t seem to find any reliable info or explanation anywhere.

1 Like

The PowerDrive Speed 2 has 2 Quick Charge 3.0 ports.
The PowerDrive+ 2 has 1 Quick Charge 2.0 port and 1 Quick Charge 3.0 port.

Anker should be coming out with PowerDrive II with PowerIQ 2.0 soon, which delivers the same speed as Quick Charge 3.0. These new products should also be less expensive than their predecessors. I’ll keep you updated if you like.