Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 PD 20100mAh Power Bank + 30W Wall Charger Bundle on sale $59.99

Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 PD 20100mAh Power Bank + 30W Wall Charger Bundle on sale for $79.99 - $20 with promo code BESTPD75 = $59.99.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071WNWRNC/?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=d068392211de11e8a5d6e645f6083ee10INT

2 Likes

first time going out of the county and on airplane and was wondering if i bring this battery pack with me inside the plane if not I’ll just leave at home and not worry about it

I’m assuming your question is, if you can bring this battery pack onto the plane? Generally speaking, the answer is yes. Of course, each carrier has its own rules but the typical industry limit is about 20000mah. Technically, this is 100mah over but I think you’ll be fine.

The restrictions as per the Federal Aviation Administration are for lithium-ion batteries rated above “100 watt hours (Wh) per battery”.
As long as your battery is below this limit you are fine, and the battery has to be stored in your carryon bag.

To convert mah to watt hours…(mAh)/1000 x (V) = (Wh)

The standard voltage is typically 3.7. So we hae 20100/1000 × 3.7=74.37wh…therefor you will be fine bringing this on an airplane

I did this research last summer. You are fine. Almost all chargers by Anker can be taken on a flight. I did find that the small plane my wife took from one of the main islands to Bora Bora had tougher restrictions for battery packs. Some of those issues were total carry on weight limits and how much tech items you could carry on.

3 Likes

Not sure when this deal expires bot for now it’s still good

1 Like

They update that price to $80

1 Like

It’s been at 80, that’s what the coupon code is for. To bring it down and save you 20 bucks

1 Like

That’s a sweet deal folks.

1 Like

when in doubt- Anker’s top 10 FAQ

1. Can I take a portable charger with me on a flight?

Yes. Batteries with a capacity lower than 27,027mAh (100 watt hours) can be taken on board airplanes legally and safely.

However, government and commercial guidelines are subject to change so we recommend confirming with your airline prior to the date of flight.

but @elmo41683 calculation is correct.

2 Likes

If only Amazon Canada had bundles as well. :cry::cry:

This power bank has recieved some good reviews. If you need this now it’s an decent deal with the charger. I would think that more PD power banks are on the way , especially since new iphones can benefit from fast charging by PD banks. So if you can hold out, that’s what i decided.
The wall charger is nice add on and helps reduce the price of the powerbank, but my thoughts are that a wall charger that has USB and PD for charging is more practical to have than a PD only.

Update:Against my own advice to wait for a different one in the near future…I bought this one for the price in the lighting deal amazon had today.

Did you use the coupon code I posted?

No, that code would not apply to the Amazon lightning sale today. :slight_smile:

So how much did you end up paying if you don’t mind me asking

This bank is currently priced at $79.99, down from the usual $99.99

Works great for the switch if anyone is interested.

Its very similarly speced to Ankers Nintendo switch battery bank, and this one comes with a wall charger.