Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 PD + Anker PowerPort III 2-Port 60w charging problem

Some time ago I’ve purchased Anker PowerPort III 2-Port 60w charger and Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 PD power bank.

However, the charger won’t charge my power bank!

When I plug the cable for the first second or so the LED on my PowerCore starts blinking as if it’s charging… and then it just stops. No LEDs blinking, nothing.

I’ve already tried multiple times with different cables. It does charge fine with any other charger I have (USB-C PD or not) except for my PowerPort.

Is there any way to reliably fix this?

There are so many products, what is the product code? A…?

The 10000 PD will only recharge if:

• it is off to begin with, no lights on.
  • you use a USB-C to USB-C cable
  • you use a 18W PD or IQ3 port.

I suspect your charge is not the 3rd requirement.

Certain Powercore and Powerport do not work together, I’ve noticed that. Older original 10000 PD would not recharge with certain Powerport and had to wait for a revision.

e.g.

I’ll check exact product codes, but the charger is IQ3.

Power bank is A1231.
Charger is A2629.

Ok the charger is at least 18W and IQ3.

I suspect what has happened is Anker’s own product incompatibility, see this

The 10000 PD is not just compatible, it is probably the older original model, physically old. Where you buy it? I’d return it …

The fact it does charge off other chargers shows it’s an incompatibility between these two products.

These are your options:

• you state the 10000 PD does recharge with other chargers, so just live with this limitation
  • return the 10000 PD for a replacement as older models had an issue newer ones fixed, as they had the same product code, you’d not know if old stock. If you bought from AliExpress or some such market which is not free return / replacement then… consider the above.
  • consider other charger than the 60W. If you have the older 10000 PD then you may well encounter an issue with the replacement.

Customer support support@anker.com is also a go to place to help. They don’t read this community, you have to email them, they need proof of purchase and serial number and of course can only honour the warranty of the approved seller, so if bought from Amazon you’re much better chances than say AliExpress or some others.

you state the 10000 PD does recharge with other chargers, so just live with this limitation

I didn’t spend $120 on Anker products to have to keep other chargers around. :stuck_out_tongue:

Customer support support@anker.com is also a go to place to help…

I’ve got mine from Amazon and I’ll try to send a message to support@anker.com.

Thanks for the help!

If you bought from Amazon then another option which is an easy method for you is to return asap for free and buy another. That may fix the issue. Often that is faster than waiting for support, BUT is obviously the repackage and drop-off / collection event.

This incompatibility issue was very common > year a go , the above thread link is nearly 2 years old.

I have the 10000 PD Slim , two of them, and I have multiple Powerport and they all get along, but I had to hold back buying til it was clear the issue rectified. My newest charger was the the Nano and it works, just used it last night to recharge my Powercore no issue.

A bit too late to return to Amazon now, I think. But the thing is I got both the PowerPort and PowerCore just few month ago. :confused:

That implied you’d bought these now to use together now.

Oh, and you didn’t test this til now? This seems odd to buy something together and spend months not testing together.

That’s why the free return window is there. As either a feature is important to you and so you’d test it immediately and if doesn’t work, you return, so by definition it is not important months later and so becomes a warranty issue.

Let support reply.

And doubly yes, you’d think Anker’s own products work together, that’s universally agreed here. It was a known issue here over a year ago so surprised to see a few months ago it was still an issue in shipped products. I strongly suspect you got an older pre-revision Powercore 10000 PD (somehow) as all my IQ3 and Powercore 10000 PD work fine together, but I bought them deliberately newer versions by buying after stock was empty and restocked and so amazed the original is still in a warehouse.

I’d understand a refurbished unit having the issue as they are older.

Didn’t think it could not work and just didn’t need the bank until recently… :see_no_evil:

You bought a new 10000 PD? Not refurbished? Odd situation to see this happening recent months as the PD vs IQ3 thing got resolved late 2019.

Anyway, you are in warranty still. IQ3 is meant to work with PD, there is nothing in the Amazon listings saying this is an issue so its a product not working, so you’re entitled to full refund or replacement. Wait for support to reply. Proof of purchase, serial number and evidence what you tried is best sent in the first email to bypass them asking you to things you already tried.