Anker PowerCore+ Samsung Fast Charge

Hi,

Will any of the Anker PowerCore+ range allow me to Fast Charge my Samsung Galaxy S6?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Ben_Short,

I believe the S6 support QuickCharge 2.0, so any of Anker’s Power Banks that support a Quick Charge output should work. Like the PowerCore Speed 10000: https://www.anker.com/products/A1266011

Please note that not all of the PowerCore+ products support Quick Charge, but the ones that do typically have “Quick Charge” in the product’s title: https://www.anker.com/products
You can also check the “Output” to make sure it is listed like:

• Output: 5V / 2.4A, 9V / 2A, 12V / 1.5A
    or
  • Output: 5-8 V 3 A , 8-10 V 2.4 A , 10-12 V 2 A

Quick Charge 3.0 chargers are generally backwards compatible with Quick Charge 2.0.

4 Likes

@Ben_Short

Using the stock USB-A to USB-C cable that came in the box with my Verizon GS8+ (Snapdragon processor) works to Quick Charge my Verizon Galaxy S8+ and Galaxy S8 with the following batteries and chargers (Phone indicates FAST CHARGING)…

• An older Anker Powercore+ 10050 (which supports QC2 output on its single port) They have since released an upgraded model that supports QC3
  • The designated QC2 port on my Anker PowerPort 6+ (it was QC2 when I purchased in January, and they have upgraded the model they are selling now to support QC3) The PowerIQ ports don’t support QC2 or 3.
  • The designated QC3 port on my Anker PowerPort 2 (the PowerIQ port doesn’t support QC2 or 3)

It also works with Anker USB-A To C cables

My Galaxy Tab S3 only reports Fast Charging when using QC3 charger or battery.

EDIT: Oh, and I had these Anker products to fast charge my Samsung Galaxy S6, Note 5, Note 7 (before i returned it), and Galaxy S7 (using appropriate usb Anker cables), long before I got my Galaxy S8…

And the QC3 chargers/batteries Fast Charge my Galaxy Tab S3.

Hi ! I have question. Im in Vietnam, Im using Samsung Note8 - Exynos 8895 chipset. When I asked the teller , he said that Anker fast charge don’t support my device, fast charge only active on devices snapdragon chipset. This is right ?

1 Like

@giangnguyen1978 [quote=“giangnguyen1978, post:4, topic:47175, full:true”]
Hi ! I have question. Im in Vietnam, Im using Samsung Note8 - Exynos 8895 chipset. When I asked the teller , he said that Anker fast charge don’t support my device, fast charge only active on devices snapdragon chipset. This is right ?
[/quote]

Samsung Exynos chip doesn’t support Quick charge 2.0 like the snapdragon processor does. But, Ankers powerbank that utilize power IQ/voltage boost will charge your device at the fastest rate

3 Likes

Hi I just got an Anker PowerCore 10400 mAh…I want to know if I can charge it using an adaptor from Xperia Z3 or X Compact for direct wall outlet charging (like charging the phone). They say that it’s ok but I’m afraid to plug it in not being sure because it says that I should use an USB Anker adaptor. Can you advise please?
Thanx.

1 Like

You can charge your batterypack with any wall plug that outputs at a minimum 5v 1A…but it’s is preferable to use one that can output at least 5v 2A, This way it will charge at a decent speed. So take a look at the wall plugs output and see if it’s at least 5v 2A…it will still charge if it is less, but it would charge much slower.

Got it. The Xperia adaptor has 5V and 1500 mA output so it should do the trick. I will see how long it will take to charge it 100%. I was afraid not to blow up the batterypack or to ruin it, the charging time is a marginal issue. Thanx for the advice.

Well, it did the trick. Under 10 hrs (don’t know exactly cause I wasn’t home) charging to 100% from 0% using a Xperia Z3 charger (all 4 LEDs on). Just to let people know. So basically you can charge it overnight.

That’d a bit long to charge that size powerpack. I mean if it works for you then great, but you can get a faster charge using like I mentioned above an adapter that outputs 5v 2A/2.5a