Anker PowerCore 5000 Review

This will be my PowerCore when I want to go light at the bar or club. It’s discreet & can fit in your shirt or pants pocket. It has a beautiful matte finish and is just the right size. It combines elegant hardware with trustworthy performance. Comes with the standard Anker mesh travel pouch & a 2 foot Micro-USB cable to charge this power pack or to charge your USB chargeable device (you would need to supply your own Lightning USB cable for iOS devices).

Compatible with a wide range of devices and with PowerIQ, it provides a fast consistent charge safely, as do Anker’s other portable chargers. Works as expected. Recommended.

4 Likes

Nice review!

2 Likes

So I see 2 different items in your pictures, 1 is of the round lipstick style charger and the other looks like it’s a 10k charger…

4 Likes

I was wondering what was going on with that, with no ref in the text.

Nice review regardless and good clean pics :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Good review @Dez_S :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice review and photos!

1 Like

Nice review!

2 Likes

I find that in addition to quality made products, the main attraction, for me, towards Anker’s portable chargers is that they generally provide an actual mAh that is very close to the stated capacity.

1 Like

I have this powecorer and love it. I find myself using it all the time. I plan on getting another one. I think two of this might be lighter than a single large capacity powercore.

1 Like

That was a mistake on my part. I grabbed the wrong photo, and yes that mistaken photo was the Anker 10,500mAh QC 2.0 power bank.

1 Like

I would actually want to see capacity as output capacity. Before you go all wolverine on me, I know it’s dependence upon many factors.

Nice review. Do you think that you will be able to read the capacity information for awhile?

@dragonjiang2002 @Kopra_12

Depends on how depleted your battery is but it fluctuates around +1A out

Good review. In my opinion this product needs flexibility of using replaceable 18650 cells like ThruNite C2