Anker PowerCore 26800 DOES NOT support USB-C charging?

Hi, I recently just bought a PowerCore 26800 (Model A1277) with the intention of using it to charge my Dell xps 9360 (i7 8550u, USB-C port) laptop and phone. The charger works out of the box for the phone but when plugged in via a USB-A to USB-C cable to my computer, it was not recognized and not providing any charges. Did I buy the wrong product? I understand this is an older version of the charger but seeing that it has such a huge capacity I did not think twice before buying it for the purpose of charging my computer.

Please let me know if I need to change to a new product.

Thanks!

For USB-C charging you need the PowerCore+ 26800 with PD. The standard 26800 can only out 5V/3A per port max, so equivalent of 15W. The XPS I believe has a 45W charger for charging.

4 Likes

Hi @constantine.aurinko,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention via the community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues to use the PowerCore 26800mAh battery to charge your Dell Laptop. Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that none of our current portable chargers can charge the Dell laptop due to incompatibility issues. They are speaking of different charging technology and the PowerCore 26800mAh battery can only output 5V/3A Max. to charge a device as explained by @ndalby.

You can email to support@anker.com for a return of it if your order is still within the 30 days return window.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

1 Like