Anker PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C Port Not Working

A few years ago I bought an Anker PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C power bank and it’s worked great for most of that time. However, recently I"ve started to notice that the USB-C port has gotten inconsistent and unreliable. Not only does it not take any input at all, meaning I can’t charge the power bank, but it’s also inconsistent when charging my phone (sometimes it’ll charge and sometimes it won’t). The two standard USB ports still work perfectly fine. Is there any way I can open the power bank to replace just the USB C port? Or will I have to just buy a new power bank? (the product has exceeded the 18 month warranty)

1 Like

Hey @Charles_Xu
I found this in another link that might help, although it does sound like the port could have failed.
Try taking the charging cable and plugging it in to the usb port and the other end into the charge port essentially looping itseld, leave it plugged in for 10 seconds. This will reset the device and with hope reset it internally and allow it to work as it should.
I wouldn’t fancy pulling one part, well, I mean more that I probably won’t get it back together correctly afterwards :joy:
Good luck!

Aside from resetting the powerbank I would recommend trying a brand new USB-c cable. The ends may have gotten worn down from use and simply cannot hold the connection anymore

1 Like

Seconding what tank said I have at a few type-c cables go bad on me even one Anker type c cable, Anker cables are very robust but don’t last forever.

1 Like