Anker PowerCore 20000 PD & PowerPort Speed 2 (39.5W QC3.0)

Hello I have got the Anker PowerCore 20000 PD Power bank (without the included PD wall charger) as well as the PowerPort Speed 2 (QC3.0 @ 39.5W) wall charger.

I have tried charging it for 3-4 hours but it seems the LED light won’t budge an inch.

My question is can I charge the PowerCore PD with the QC3.0 PowerPort wall charger? (I really thought I should have been able to)

Is QC 3.0 at least be charging the PD brick? or at least what speed profile it’s supposed to be?

Thanks please help as I don’t really wish to purchase a separate 30W PD wall charger just to charge the PowerCore.

P.S. i am using USB-A to type C cable original from Samsung Note 8 phone.

1 Like

Power delivery and quick charge are not two of the same thing. Since the powerbank doesnt have QC 3.0 chip in it it will resort to a slower charging speed.

Thanks for the response.

When you mention “slower”, how slow is it going to be? at which rate the charger is outputting actually?

In that case what is the fastest/highest output charger can i use besides the PD charger? 5V 2A?

So you bought the PD so presumably for a PD device.

So why don’t you use your device’s PD charger to charge the Powercore?

1 Like

I have iPhone X, and that the charger that came with it aren’t PD bricks. however though i have a Lenovo 65W type C charger to charge my Lenovo X1 Carbon. Will it charge from that brick? i haven’t dared to try it though.

Yes more likely to work

Hi @yhart,

Thanks for contacting us and letting us know your issue.

Please note that the PowerCore 20000 PD battery is power delivery enabled. To maximize the recharging speed, you need to use a wall charger which also supports that technology.

As suggested by @elmo41683, if you use PowerPort Speed 2 or 5V/2A wall charger to recharge this battery, this battery will not be recharged or the recharging time is extremely long. However, we haven’t tested these 2 wall chargers so we do not know the exact charging time. So sorry for the inconvenience. The wall charger of the Lenovo X1 Carbon is not compatible with this battery.

Per our internal test, the Anker 30W power delivery wall charger (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y427WT7 ), Apple 61W and 87W USB-C wall charger and Nintendo Switch could charge this battery well.

Hope the above information helps. If you still have any other concerns, please contact us via support@anker.com, we are more than happy to assist you.

Best regards,