Anker PowerCore 15600 not getting fully recharged

Hi

I have purchased an Anker PowerCore 15600 yesterday and connected to my Sony Xperia Z Ultra 1500mA wall charger. It’s been connected for more than 27 hours now and yet not fully charged. It took only 5 hours for the PowerCore to reach from 2nd to 4th LED but The 4th one started blinking 22 hours ago and still blinking, showing it’s not fully recharged. I have installed the Android app called “Ampere” on my phone to determine approximate power output from my charger to my phone. It’s showing the approximate output of 900mA - 1A so there seem to be nothing wrong with the charger. I have calculated the time required for my PowerCore to be charged from zero to 100 percent and it was supposed to be around 20 Hours regarding 20% Efficiency Loss. Keep in mind, my PowerCore was around 50% pre-charged when it was unboxed. Do you think it is normal or there is something wrong with my PowerCore?

Thank you

1 Like

Check your cable, use a different cable.

2 Likes

As @nigelhealy has mentioned, start by trying a different cable and also if possible a different wall charger to help eliminate if the fault is purely cable, power source or the PowerCore. If new cables and/or wall charger fail to resolve, reach out to support@anker.com

2 Likes

Thank you for your time,

Already tried 3 different cables since yesterday including the one supplied by my Anker PowerCore. Tried my wife’s Huawei 1A wall charger as well. Contacted support@anker.com a few hours ago and waiting for their opinions. But really appreciate different opinions here too.

Thank you

Try to 2A-2.4A charger. Like a Powerport2.

1 Like

Hi @sign.info,

Thanks for bringing the issue to us via this post and email. Kindly be noted that we’ve well received your email and replied to you for more details to assist you further. Could you please kindly check and solve the issue with us together?

Meanwhile, @ndalby & @nigelhealy, thanks for your professional suggestions.

You are right, the PowerCore 15600 requires a 5V/2A wall charger for recharging. And normal recharging time would be 8-9 hours. If the wall charger offers 5V/1A, it might be insufficient to recharge thus the battery might not be fully recharged or it takes a very long time.

Wish all of you a great day!

1 Like

Dear AnkerSupport team, Good day.

Thank you for your kind reply. I have ordered a new 2A wall charger to make sure it is not a charger issue. It should be delivered within the next three days. I will check again with the new charger and let you know about the results.

Thank you

Okay, It seems it is a power bank issue. I received my Anker PowerPort+ 1 B2013 wall charger yesterday and started charging the PowerCore 15600 since 3:30 PM using the charger and supplied USB cable. Now it’s 8:30 AM in the morning and after 17 Hours of being connected to the wall charger, the fourth LED is still blinking. I am waiting for my supplier to receive this faulty power bank, and send me another one which will take around 7 days. Thank you AnkerSupport team and all you guys for your suggestions. I will update this topic once I get the new PowerCore and recharge it to fully charged state. ( Hopefully! )

Thank you

1 Like

Good to know you are in the process of getting things rectified :thumbsup:

1 Like

So you have used two different USB cables overall? It is usually the cable, then next is the Powercore.

Actually 4 different USB cables and 3 different wall chargers overall.

1- My Sony Z Ultra 1.5A Wall charger + supplied USB cable
2- My wife’s Huawei Honor 3C 1A wall charger + supplied USB cable
3- Anker PowerPort+1 wall charger + supplied USB cable
4- Anker PowerCore 15600 supplied USB cable

Hey guys,

The issue with the PowerCore has been confirmed by my local store. I have been told it was probably because of a corrupted battery cell. Unfortunately, they had run out of this specific part in their store so I had to choose to refund or select a portable battery from another brand.

Thank you all and AnkerSupport team.

This being an Anker store? That’s so cool! I wish an Anker store was located by me. What are your thoughts on it? Anything special? I’m so intrigued! Did you get one of the free cases?

It’s not an Anker Direct store. Unfortunately there is no Anker Direct store located in my country.