Anker PowerCore 10000

Hi all

Can anyone advise me how long the Anker PowerCore 10000 will hold its charge if not used?

I’m thinking of getting one to carry with me in my backpack for emergencies.

Many thanks :slight_smile:
Brian

Very slowly discharge, about 1% per month, faster if you keep it warm. Cooler, above freezing but still cool, is best.

All Lithium batteries reduce their total capacity with use, age, temperature, and if kept at 100% charged, so if you are thinking of storing it for some months when not expecting to rely on it, then storing about 60% charged, then fully charging it before you then resume reliance, will afford the maximum long term value.

1 Like

The PowerCore 10000 is a great choice…weight, size and capacity are all exceptional for this unit. I have two of them as well as other units of higher capacity and the PC 10000 is my unit of choice.

2 Likes

I’ve found that all the Anker battery packs that I have, all hold a charge for quite some time. Before I got the Astro E1 6700mAh, I carried the PowerCore 10000 in my backpack and loved it. I too, was carrying it for “emergencies.” But rarely had to charge it. I used it to power up my GoPro Hero4 Black, Hero5 Black, iPhone 6s, and Apple Watch…and sometimes the hubby’s electronics too. I absolutely love Anker power banks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes