Anker PowerConf REVIEW

Such a good review that it got pinned :clap:

1 Like

Good review, well done :+1:
I would love a version with cameras in it

1 Like

Paul, I have a unit that I purchased. Have you seen any oddities on the USB-C hardwired functionality? My unit (running the latest firmware as of today) will randomly lower the volume on a call when connected to my mac laptop (OSX 10.15.4).

Scenario:
Connected to a zoom meeting and volume set to say 60%. Talking and going about the call and then randomly the volume will reduce to like 10% on the device, but not show any change in volume status on the computer. Increasing the volume using hte powerconf volume buttons will max out the volume on the computer, and be at say 50% volume and then keep going (increasing the volume) but not reflect any change beyond 100% on the computer (for obvious reasons).

Talk for a while longer, and rinse and repeat the same process again at some point in time. Sometimes it last for multiple calls that way, other times it does it multiple times in the same call. Seems to also have some issues resuming from sleep mode where the speaker isn’t always detected again on resume.

Anyway, chatting with Anker service on my unit, but it seems to be a firmware bug rather than a hardware issue as the rest of the functionality of the speaker seems solid.

1 Like

Hey @timyardley
Ive had very limited use hardwired, pretty much just for the tests i did for @Shenoy
But i didn’t notice any change in the volume.
How about when you next connect to your Mac you reduce the volume to 0 on both devices first and see if you get the same results.
I thinking if they both start at the same level they might stay in sync.

You’re welcome @Shenoy

Thanks @ikari04warrior @J_Hansen
Have a great day.

1 Like

perfect timing to use this now as we are all working from home.

1 Like

Awesome review, and good job on the wish-list features. Those would for sure help.

1 Like

Isnt it just @doris4jin

Hey thanks @Erich_Robinowitz1 apriciate you comment :+1:t2:

1 Like

thanks franz

@timyardley, I also have a unit that I purchased which is currently on FW Version 23.34 which has had the same volume control issue that you note (I am connected via USB-C to Windows 10). I see as of right now there is a FW update available to 24.38 which notes “Fix bugs” as the change log. I will run update now and see if that fixes the behavior (will take some time to verify.)

Overall I am very pleased with the unit. I used it as the primary audio device for an all day conference room meeting with 16+ people in the room because the Polycom wasn’t working. Quality was great and battery lasted all day. More than one of the participants wanted to know what it was so they could get one.

1 Like

Hey @wardwes glad you’re loving your too :+1:t2:

have a good time