Anker PowerConf Featured on CNET + Deal šŸŽ!

Save $30 on Ankerā€™s new portable Bluetooth speakerphone

Anker PowerConf for $99.99 on Amazon, see details below

Make conference calls suck less. This handy tool can also recharge your phone.

Ankerā€™s new PowerConf Bluetooth speaker is great for conference calls, whether itā€™s just you or a big group.

Anker

Raise your hand if youā€™ve been here before: Youā€™re dialed into the company meeting, and you put your phone on speaker so you can do other things while listening in. But the sound quality is terrible, both for you and the people at the other end. Thatā€™s no surprise; your phone has to rely on one tiny microphone and two (at best) tiny speakers.

Want to make these calls suck way, way less? Pick up a Bluetooth speakerphone, one thatā€™s expressly designed for this purpose. Anker just unveiled such a product, and Iā€™ve got an exclusive deal on it: For a limited time, and while supplies last, the Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Speakerphone is $99.99 when you clip the on-page $20-off coupon and then apply promo code CNETCONF at checkout. Total savings: $30.

The PowerConf can connect to your phone or tablet via Bluetooth 5.0, but also has a USB-C option in case you want a laptop hookup. It works for just about any kind of call, including FaceTime, Skype, Zoom and so on.

As noted, this represents a huge improvement over your phoneā€™s speakerphone capabilities. It incorporates a six-microphone array that effectively provides 360-degree omnidirectional audio capture, while at the same time reducing background noise. That means everyone can be heard regardless of where theyā€™re sitting. Anker recommends this for groups of up to eight people.

As an added perk, the PowerConf is portable, offering up to 24 hours of call time via its 6,700-mAh rechargeable battery. And it doubles as a power bank: Thereā€™s a USB port you can use to top off your phone or another mobile device.

I havenā€™t tried this myself, but it has a 4.3-star averaging rating from about 40 buyers. Curiously, and annoyingly, Fakespot indicates a large proportion of questionable ratings, while ReviewMeta says 100% are legit. My take: Anker makes good gear.

Buy here

Use the promo code CNETCONF

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome, definitely not for me but it seems like Anker delivered another great product

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to get my hands on one.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing your review ā€¦ there was a thread this am about some feature, hope we can get to hear more :innocent:

1 Like

Hey @Shenoy
Once I take delivery itā€™s going straight to my work and used for a few customer conference calls. Should get some pics of that but not video due to confidentiality.
But I have a few personal calls I plan to record which will hopefully show is sound quality.

Talked that up @Shenoy
Just received despatch email.
Estimated delivery 9th.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!!

1 Like

Thatā€™s great news!! Thanks for the update @paulstevenewing

1 Like

Good deal. Iā€™m currently testing it and so far, I like it :grinning:

1 Like

I really wish I had a need for this. Looks really awesome, and compact. Good job, Anker.

1 Like

Curious, why would people use this other than for work purposes? Also all the offices I worked in for years had speaker phones already, commonly being Cisco VOIP phones.

Sometimes weā€™d have an ad-hoc meeting and struggle over a phone in speaker mode but to solve that with this product meant weā€™d have to carry it around all the time. So to solve that Iā€™d keep a Soundcore Nano in my work bag which is tiny and the feedback from callers was audio was fine.

So isnā€™t the need here for Anker to sell to corporate buyers?

1 Like

I completely agree with your points, had highlighted these on previous posts here and here

First

Second

At the same time, from the trend I am currently seeing, many new users are not really interested in the Phones at their desk, they prefer to use the softphones on Laptop or on their Smartphones, and many prefer to BT pair to the conference room phones - Polycom Trio supports it and one of reasons we are sticking to these conference phones.

Anker, may be as second iteration of this PowerConf, should add a SIP line registration option over Wifi, this would be a great option for anyone interested in this device, plus entice the Enterprises to get this PowerConf

Hope @AnkerOfficial @AnkerSupport is hearing thisā€¦

Fair points. Planned phone calls with groups were always using a collaboration tool and youā€™d in a software app tell it to phone the number in the room or at your desk. If moving (in car, etc) then it would phone your cellphone and youā€™d be on your own (in car, etc) so be using the carā€™s audio or a BT bud in ear.

People prefer to not use their phone as the bridge to audio as that suffers cellular coverage, wired to a landline number (typically VOIP line) is highly common.

Iā€™m struggling to think of situations this product would ever been worth buying, and the offices would struggle to think of buying.

I tell one useful thing Anker could make with batteries, microphones, speakers is a portable noise cancellation system, a set of speakers you dot around a room and it removes external noise.

With work from home going to be a theme in 2020/1, people being able to hold work calls with the kids home with closed schools, that would sell in huge numbers right now.

Anker, just send me a suitcase of cash for my idea.

1 Like

People are increasingly using Zoom, WebEx, Cisco Jabber, Teams, Slack and many VoIP applications on tablets and smartphones (mostly iPads & iPhones) for all these apps, and much more on Laptops and Macsā€¦

If at all they need to use, they prefer Video Conference calls over the Audio only calls, again using these conference solutions.

Wireless usage mostly with actual PSTN calls placed has reduced a lot, compared to what was happening may be 4-5 years ago.

I am remote now and have my little one playing and singing all the time,
Am using the Strike 3 headset from Soundcore, which is meant for Gaming - but finding it most comfortable for using it for my work, completely encloses my ears, great sound, awesome noise-cancelling by the microphone ā€¦ wrong use case but perfect work case