Anker portable charger

Thinking of buying this----

Anker PowerCore II 10000, Ultra-Compact 10000mAh Portable Charger, Upgraded PowerIQ 2.0 (up to 18W Output), Fast Charge for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and More (Compatible with Quick Charge Anker Elite Dual Port 24W USB Travel Wall Charger PowerPort 2 with PowerIQ and Foldable Plug

Would be using this to recharge iPhone 6S and Mac Book Air laptop while traveling

and wondering how this unit re-charges. Can I just use my Apple USB cable for my iPhone 6S with standard 110v plug to recharge this unit before traveling or do I need to buy a special charger/cable to recharge it?

Thanks in advance
Tim

3 Likes

@crazydiamond23
Since the battery on your MacBook Air is rather large I recommend a slightly larger capacity battery Bank.
These combos paired with a (apple lightning to type c cable) will charge both of your devices multiple times.
I recommend the 30 watt output more expensive option.

24watt type c output on power bank

Better 30watt type c output of power bank

2 Likes

Thanks Jesse for the recommendation. Actually, I should have left out the fact that I would be charging my Mac Book Air with this device as I can just charge it in the hotel room when traveling with the standard Mac cord. I’m looking for a nice portable charger that I can use with my iPhone 6S when traveling and Anker seems to be the choice of many. I need feedback on what Anker unit to buy and ALSO if I needed something other than a standard USB cord and a 110v jack to recharge the portable charger.

1 Like

If your just going to use it to keep your phone charged look at the new PowerCore lite 10,000. It has 18watt output and you can use your MacBook charger to recharge the powerbank via usb type-c or micro usb. It’s also thin and fits in a pocket nicely.

1 Like

Thanks I think that should work just fine. Appreciate the help

Tim

2 Likes