Anker - please nuke Amazon listing errors!

Fixed.

1 Like

How much did they pay you?

He got no payment,
but he is allowed to stay further on here in the forum! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I’m surprised you missed this @insider , a new Powerline type! C to Lightning so must be relatively new , and we all missed it, apart from the 1 review.

Fake discount on Capsule on Amazon (US)

Lol looks like the Apple Earpods are Soundcore Surge now :joy:

Lol these listings are funny

I’m delving into how Amazon does its selling. Trying to solve the mystery of how Josh knows about stuff before the rest of us.

I’m finding out that some of these issues are beyond Anker’s direct proactive control, sellers can create listings which refer back to Anker which are incorrect.

Anker creates a product, but as Anker uses FBA “fulfilled by Amazon”, Amazon does not list the product (we cannot see it) until Anker has created a shipping label with tracking info to the Amazon warehouse. But seems someone can create a Seller account and then see the unlisted Anker products, in effect a backdoor for an Anker competitor to know what’s in the factory but not yet on it’s way to warehouse.

I’m also seeing there is a bulk uploader excel file format, Anker may be using, which has the images hosted external to Amazon, so there’s scope for a human to not see immediately their error.

Here’s an example something coming soon, an upgrade version of a product we already know about. This is not an error (that I can see) but I am beginning to see how error could creep in.

https://www.amazon.com/Soundcore-Earphones-Bluetooth-Cancelling-Microphones/dp/B08335X71H

2 Likes

That’s not a fake discount @Shivam_Shah. The coupon if you apply (you haven’t in that screenshot) will bring the total $20 lower than the other store - to $279. You may See it immediately or may not see it until checking out. The crossed out price is just the MSRP and $299 is the current selling price which you verified.

Yea I know that lol but the drop it shows from $350 to $299.95 is fake

1 Like

5 cent! Thats a fortune meanwhile in the crisis! :rofl:

You mean increasing the MSRP to make it look a bigger discount?

1 Like

I liked your original title better, @professor :sweat_smile:

Yep that’s it

1 Like

I’m learning how to sell in Amazon (where you get your coming soon posts from) and I think some of these are not Anker’s errors but the way Amazon operates. It is up to Anker to clean up the use of their manufacturing label.

1 Like

They been doing that in the UK. I’m not sure it is legal.

So when you create a product in Amazon, you have to give a price, it’s not what it is sold at, that comes later. That then is the MSRP later. You can edit it later, I think, so to make your discounts increase. But a specific legal issue of a price is lower than it was before, a discount, has to be a true statement.

1 Like

$349 is real I think? It’s the actual price the item was listed and sold for on Amazon by Anker, which is the same price they announced at CES for that product.

It’s not the current “going price” but that sure isn’t against the law.

The article and CES you’re referring to is over 2 years old. Current Nebula site (screenshot earlier and down here as well) is the current price. Amazon listing was previously $299.95 but now shows it is $349.99. I’ve been looking at all that and that’s the only reason I mentioned it here. $349.99 is not a real price for this projector. Even if it isn’t illegal, it sure is cheating in my eyes

Chuckle. This one is on Anker’s own website. Looks like a very obvious error on Amazon, that Anker did not correct, then Anker imported the obvious error back into Anker’s own website without checking.

A combined portable charger and screen protector. Wow they snuck that out silently.

If you click thru from Anker to Amazon you see

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00OPYJV4S

So here we have an example of an obvious error on Amazon bleeding back into Anker, and Anker is letting it happen.

I don’t think the fault is the person who is meant to check these, I think it’s the fault that everything Anker ever made is still for sale, hundreds (probably) of products out there. Noone can be reasonably be expected to check hundreds of product websites are sane.