Anker Gifts

True, shorter cables do poorly when thick.

Anker knows this I bought different lengths and the longer ones are thicker presumably to make them last longer, every inch is a source of potential failure. If Iā€™m a road warrior I have 12ft 110V cable, Powerport 4, 3 1ft cables and 1 3ft cable. That handles a very wide type of situation the hardest being hotel wall sockets nowhere near the bed.

Maybe a 1 ft cable to test connectorā€™s quality.

looking at there line i would say power bank or speakers

I like the eufy genius, I recommend it to everyone!

great idea shorter cable, easier to pack and also travel with.

Good gift recommendations from CNET!

1 Like

Whatever the use case, I think the Astro is an excellent entry point. Itā€™s compact, has high capacity, and is super reliable. It was also my first Anker product. It would also be nice to include a cable to get them going, but if they use micro USB, the Astro already has one :slight_smile:

Though I did buy my sister a Fusion for her birthday this month. Thatā€™s her first Anker product.

2 Likes

So I gave to two non-geeks an Anker bag each with the Aukey 12W dual, the Powercore+ mini, and the relevant USB cables to their device (one Android was 2 microB cables, one Apple was a MicroB and a Lightning cable) and stood back and observed how they used their kits. It didnā€™t work in the long run as theyā€™d use the Mini and simply forget to recharge them and cables getting spread out.

So I got them a Fusion 5000 each with one cable. Then it worked fine, the act of using the Fusion as a wall charger caused it to become recharged without any attention. It works slightly cheaper and slightly smaller but mostly its more non-geek in nature. So for non-geeks gift Iā€™d get the Fusion (which is due a remodeling hint hint).

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™d like to see the Fusion with USB-C. I think IQ2 / PD would make it too big, but what do you think?

I also want to see the new texture of the newer PowerCores!

Given eventually the Powerport2 got smaller than the original (via a brief made larger) I see scope to tune the Fusion down in size and other tweaks. 2 port is about right but say one USB-C? I am aware the Fusion has more challenges and trade-off to juggle than most other items as every spec increase is a weight which makes it more prone to falling out so its probably more of a tune down in size and weight possibly make it 1 USB-C which can do 3A output and 1 TypeA max 3A and combined max 3A so then it can do a few tablet types. Very limited form factor limits what you can do.

1 Like

I would like to see the same, a fusion with usb c and a regular usb a port. I think that would be ideal and paired with iq2/pd

sounds like a great combination of Anker products that was giving in a nice goodie packageā€¦I wish someone would do that same for meā€¦

Power banks, cables, speakers, any all OK!!