Anker Gifts

I just gave my son my 6ft micro cable, it was a tad bit too long for my use but the kiddo loves it. He cam now have his phone bedside when he goes to sleep as opose to the end of his bed playing music at night.

3 Likes

The 1ft cables are great. I use one with a lipstick sized battery, when I want to carry a lightweight battery.

1 Like

I just ordered a few of these for the car and for while I’m at work

Portable charger and the powerline cable!!! :heart:

I have the cable too, it is think but very pliable and doesn’t feel heavy, certainly not enough to make it not worth carrying. I will be taking it on my next backpacking trip for sure.

Accept we travel different ways, I prefer to carry a long 110V cable and short USB it weighs less and shorter USB cables last longer when thinner.

I weighed it.

1 Like

True, shorter cables do poorly when thick.

Anker knows this I bought different lengths and the longer ones are thicker presumably to make them last longer, every inch is a source of potential failure. If I’m a road warrior I have 12ft 110V cable, Powerport 4, 3 1ft cables and 1 3ft cable. That handles a very wide type of situation the hardest being hotel wall sockets nowhere near the bed.

Maybe a 1 ft cable to test connector’s quality.

looking at there line i would say power bank or speakers

I like the eufy genius, I recommend it to everyone!

great idea shorter cable, easier to pack and also travel with.

Good gift recommendations from CNET!

1 Like

Whatever the use case, I think the Astro is an excellent entry point. It’s compact, has high capacity, and is super reliable. It was also my first Anker product. It would also be nice to include a cable to get them going, but if they use micro USB, the Astro already has one :slight_smile:

Though I did buy my sister a Fusion for her birthday this month. That’s her first Anker product.

2 Likes

So I gave to two non-geeks an Anker bag each with the Aukey 12W dual, the Powercore+ mini, and the relevant USB cables to their device (one Android was 2 microB cables, one Apple was a MicroB and a Lightning cable) and stood back and observed how they used their kits. It didn’t work in the long run as they’d use the Mini and simply forget to recharge them and cables getting spread out.

So I got them a Fusion 5000 each with one cable. Then it worked fine, the act of using the Fusion as a wall charger caused it to become recharged without any attention. It works slightly cheaper and slightly smaller but mostly its more non-geek in nature. So for non-geeks gift I’d get the Fusion (which is due a remodeling hint hint).

1 Like

Yeah I’d like to see the Fusion with USB-C. I think IQ2 / PD would make it too big, but what do you think?

I also want to see the new texture of the newer PowerCores!

Given eventually the Powerport2 got smaller than the original (via a brief made larger) I see scope to tune the Fusion down in size and other tweaks. 2 port is about right but say one USB-C? I am aware the Fusion has more challenges and trade-off to juggle than most other items as every spec increase is a weight which makes it more prone to falling out so its probably more of a tune down in size and weight possibly make it 1 USB-C which can do 3A output and 1 TypeA max 3A and combined max 3A so then it can do a few tablet types. Very limited form factor limits what you can do.

1 Like

I would like to see the same, a fusion with usb c and a regular usb a port. I think that would be ideal and paired with iq2/pd

sounds like a great combination of Anker products that was giving in a nice goodie package…I wish someone would do that same for me…

Power banks, cables, speakers, any all OK!!