Anker Gear Advice For Backpack Travelling

Hey All,

Hoping for some advice on the best Anker gear to get to keep my tech going while I’m backpacking. I’m looking for the best charger, but Anker gives us so much choice. I’ll be charging an iPhone and a Pixel so looking for a charger which can handle at least two devices if not more when plugged in for charging in the hostels and overnight.

I’d also like to take a power bank with me for those long journeys where I don’t have a wall socket. Doesn’t have to charge both devices at the same time it’s more of emergency power while travelling.

Looking for that sweet spot between performance, lightweight and size as I’ll be backpacking around.

Also, any suggestions for some Anker Bluetooth headphones which are the best for comfort with long travel would be grand too.

Any suggestions or guidance would be absolutely amazing as always from the community, thank you :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Here are two chargers I have older versions of which I swear by.

51.5W 5 Port w/ Quick Charge 3.0
Most versatile IMO because of the long cable so it’ll fit anywhere without a chunky input.

40W 4-Port
Not as great because of the whole body going into the outlet so you might be limited on where you plug it in. The trade off is you get a more compact, less hassle (Like wrapping up the cord) package.

For batteries I believe this is the best
Lite 20000
It has USB-C input which a lot of battery packs do not so you’re future proofing yourself. High capacity and decent charging speed. Weight isn’t too bad for what you’re getting.

Here are two earbuds I’d recommend that last a long time, comfy, and sound great.
Slim+ and Spirit Pro
I’ve used the Slim+ and they were great but gave em away when my uncle needed earbuds.

Lastly, since you own an iPhone and Pixel, I would highly recommend Powerline II 3-in-1. It has microUSB, USB-C, and mfi certified lightning. That’ll charge your pixel, iphone, earbuds, and battery pack with one cable. Only issue for me is I want a 6ft cable, they only make 3 ft.

5 Likes

Hi @Kevin_Luc,

Huge Thank you for taking the time to post that message; I’m so lost with options I’ve found it hard to narrow down the right Anker products for long-term travel and greatly appreciate the effort you’ve done to help me focus on a few products.

Wow, that PowerLine 3-in-1 cable is amazing, I never knew Anker did that all the years following and buying Anker products that weren’t even on my radar. I must admit I too would love it in 6ft length that would be perfect but even as it is, that would be outstanding to charge phones, battery packs and headphones.

I have a pair of wireless Anker headphones, but they are rather heavy and uncomfortable for long-term use for me, so these slim’s look like the perfect answer.

With the battery bank and the charger, it is finding that sweet spot of function vs weight, thanks for your suggestions, I will read up on them closer.

Really appreciate this help, Thank You :thumbsup:

2 Likes

The Anker solar must be mentioned. Also, I wish I could go backpacking, you’re so lucky😭

1 Like

These are my personal recommendations, but you really can’t go wrong with anything Anker offers![quote=“nibs274, post:1, topic:63217”]
charger
[/quote]PowerPort Speed+ Duo ($25.99) https://amazon.com/dp/B07H54MKQY[quote=“nibs274, post:1, topic:63217”]
power bank
[/quote]PowerCore+ 19000 PD ($129.99) https://amazon.com/dp/B07GW6T4YP
PowerCore 13400 Nintendo Switch Edition ($69.99) https://amazon.com/dp/B07DMFL3SJ[quote=“nibs274, post:1, topic:63217”]
headphones
[/quote]Spirit X ($39.99) https://amazon.com/dp/B07B9R67WR

4 Likes

Thanks @580baby :thumbsup: The solar is a top product and think it’s a fantastic device especially for wilderness trips, what a great way to keep you charged in the wild :evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Cheers @joshuad11 for your recommendations, this is super helpful and given me a couple of other ideas to look at too, perfect :thumbsup: Thanks for helping with this one :grin:

2 Likes