Anker Community Devotee - 365 Days!

Holiday?

Are you having your holiday in your garden or your basement this year?

USA needs to get real. Or die. Your choice.

2 Likes

Usually camping- but legitimate camping in tents or hammocks, with a 50 mile or so hike over an extended weekend.

Everything seems pretty real here. Over 1/3 of the country is completely quarantined, and everywhere else has a partial quarantine :man_shrugging:. What do you suggest gets done here?

Technically it’s With a very small group, and not near anyone else, so I feel like it’s pretty safe to do :man_shrugging:. Not to mention that I would actually be limiting my interaction with other people since I wouldn’t have to go to the store or anything like that.

1 Like

Causal logic error. If camping meant you don’t need to go to the store often, therefore you know how to not go to the store often. Therefore you just apply that same non-shopping knowledge all year round, therefore camping doesn’t actually reduce anything.

“Group” is the issue. Walk directly from you houses or do you share transport to get to the start?

I am capable of leaving my house on a bike, camp, and not interact with anyone other than from safe distance. But…

If you travel, assume you are infected, you leave a high population density area for a different lower density population, you then take the bug and inject it into a lower capacity health care system.

If you want to just go camping then what about your garden?

2 Likes

When I was young l liked camping.
Not now anymore, not so comfortable.

We need a house with an oven and beds.
I would destroy my poor old worn bones if to crawl in/out from the tent.
Snoring wife beside? :joy:

And what after heavy rains, -> waking up in a deep swamp!
This happened many years ago.
Never did camping again after this experience!

If you have to use camping places:
Tents: Left side snoring, right side farting and behind a couple full of love!
USE ANC earbuds

Much better for young people!

1 Like

I like camping, I’m for it. But when I encounter camping being a good anti-virus argument and drill one level down, you usually see they shared a car. I slam my front door and bike to the campsite. The campsite I was going to is now closed. So I’m left with “wild camping” which I might do but then there’s the issue of pushing the bike deep from the road.

Tents can be snug warm and dry places, it is down to design and pitch. My 4-season tent has a steep sided bathtub floor.

The notion of holidays is so very 2019.

1 Like

It’s not just the store, it’s also work, gas stations, etc.

I would just use my car to drive there, and leave it locked until we got back.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: dedicated shenoy!

2 Likes

Thank you @LouiseHan :slightly_smiling_face:
With lot more time on hands now with lockdown,… Anker Community is the best place to be on :smiley:

1 Like

So that’s what a pandemic and two broken limbs does to a person. The year before I was offline living!

5 Likes

I had that badge but apparently lost it, oh well I’m here when I’m here

Edit: never mind, I guess I still have it, it just wasn’t loading properly

1 Like

Dont know and dont care about those “badges”

But I took a look.
I have all, and even more! :joy::joy::joy:

important

Good work @professor :+1:t2:

nice job @professor on the achievement
I’m not sure this will be a badge I ever get because usually there are a couple of days I miss here and there depending on life

1 Like

I’m not so sure it is a badge to be proud of. You do right to be off from here as you can.

2 Likes

I know what you mean @professor
I think there was a thread recently regarding time spent here/online. Scary how much time is spent on some things when it really should be put to better use elsewhere.

1 Like

I will logout and not login til Feb 1st earliest. Have a good one.

2 Likes

The “no life” list lol

Jk jk

Nah, cant see that @professor

Seems to be a such a “good resolution” which never come true! :rofl:

1 Like

I dunno what’s more impressive:

@professor getting the Devotee badge OR @professor remembering that this thread existed and replying here even though no one had posted here in over 9 months. Either way, kudos!

1 Like