Anker Bucks?

Starter replacements are more common than you may think. I have replaced 3 over the years and have repaired at least 2 others which is more than I have replaced alternators most of it due to our cold winters. They were particularly prone to failure on old Chevy’s due to heat from the engine and trying to restart when the starter was hot. sometimes it is just brushes, sometimes the commutator needs cleaning up, sometimes the gears get stripped, sometimes the solenoid is shot. You are absolutely correct though about a weak battery shortening the life of the starter. trying to start a car when it doesn’t want to turn causes a lot of heat build up and the starter wires are the weakest link. Newer cars have better protection and most of the electrical draws are delayed until the starter is disengaged.

2 Likes

The more Anker car starters there are the more we can help others.

2 Likes

According to another thread @AnkerOfficial does but lips are sealed until the project goes online :sunglasses:

Sound advice there @nigelhealy , you would think stuff like this would be part of driving course (well, it wasn’t in the UK when I took mine) …

based off what i have seen it seems like no one has above 3500 points, so i assume 10 points equals a dollar or even 50 points equal a dollar.

“Sound advice there @nigelhealy , you would think stuff like this would be part of driving course (well, it wasn’t in the UK when I took mine) …”

It was “don’t run over the guy with the red flag” when I took mine. :eyeglasses:

1 Like

My guess:

• it is for purchases off anker.com which is a subset of the greater product set in amazon.
  • there are bands, so between $0-$10 you can use so many Bucks for a % discount, between $10-$50 its some other Bucks for some % discount, etc.
  • “not available with other offers.”

In reality I expect these will bring anker.com prices down to the giveaway amazon discount codes but you can use any time, when its urgent.

Knowing Anker they’ll add “fun” like competitions to earn Bucks, which would then be in effect discounts with the above, so you can in effect win the ability to get a discount when you want on what you want, unlike the amazon codes they do now.

I am currently traveling a lot and living off Anker stuff and lots of people seeing Anker for the first time and I’m spotting “the usual suspects” of “my cable is dodgy” and “my phone is flat too often” so I’m seeing I’d quite like to buy folks a Dura or a Powercore and do it now rather than wait for the discount code (my list for Black Friday is accumulating) so being able to use my input to this community to then able to buy anything anytime at a discount is what I think Anker will be doing…

My probability of being correct is say 25%.

2 Likes

You’re wrong. Your probability of being correct is 75%.

4 Likes

Any real update on these? It is almost nearing a year since the post! :open_mouth:

Anker Bucks are alive!

3 Likes

Many, many months too late, but it’s nice to see them alive! Reminds me of OnePlus’ drawing system!

2 Likes

For all those having trouble finding the rules here they are

Forum Rules:

Interact with Anker. Tell us what you like, and we’ll give you feedback.
Be nice to the people in this community, because all of you have a common topic: “I love Anker!”
If you see something wrong, please let us know and we’ll take action immediately. If we implement your suggestion or feedback, we’ll reward you with a small gift.

There are multiple ways to earn forum points:
Set a profile picture
Complete your profile
When your thread/post gets replied to.
When your thread gets stickied
Share a post
Like a post
Report any spam you find
Forum points can increase your Rank, and you could receive privileges and rewards.
Thank you letter
Special product discounts
Deals preview
Anker bucks
Sweepstake entry
Special title
Exclusive gifts
Birthday celebrations
Access to private messaging
Become VIP and test new products
Sponsored by Anker
Become a moderator
Please do not:

Engage in illegal activity
Spam or repeatedly post the same information.
Conduct personal attacks or post personal information
Maliciously attack our brand.
Cheat the system to gain forum points. Do not engage in points trading.
Post advertisements. Repeated offense will result in a ban.

1 Like

They’re points given out to people that contribute towards the forum, allowing them to be used in the recently released “Power Draw”. Which is essentially a raffle that allows users to use their ‘power bucks’ as a way of entering the draw to receive an item for free.

It’s a way to force you to spam this forum before you can enter a raffle.

Raffles are usually are luck for me anyway :slight_smile:
Last year I won a small PowerCore powerbank. First the shipment was delayed for weeks. Then got an email it will be shipped soon. Over a year later I’m still waiting for it to arrive :stuck_out_tongue:

I have 12 Bucks Just Joined Community.

I might be a bit confused here, but it appears they are redeemable in the “Power Draw” section on the anker community website

1 Like

I too am confused about the points and bucks system… any info would be awesome.

1 Like

http://community.anker.com/power_draw/faq

I vote we revive this zombie thread :joy:. Jk

1 Like