Anker Amazon Deals (US)

Doesn’t matter. Two months from the time of the original post (I’m 99.9% sure).

2 Likes

Found an almost 2 month old thread Apr 18, edited now, :smiley: so, I should not be able to edit it tomorrow or day after

2 Likes

Believe it is around 2 months (or within 60-70 days) of the original time stamp of the first post…

2 Likes

@ktkundy @Shivam_Shah Try doing clinical rotations for nursing school online. It’ll drive you bonkers.

All three have these 6 ports in common: HDMI, SD, microSD, 2 USB-A 3.0, USB-C PD (this is for power INPUT only; no data). Only the 7th port is different.
1 - USB-C data port.
2 - Ethernet port.
3 - Extra USB-A 3.0 for a total of 3 USB A 3.0 ports.

Personally, I prefer #1. I really have no need for #2 or #3 on a regular basis.

Wow that sounds rough good luck with that.

great discounts :ok_hand:

1 Like

Oh god that sounds very rough. Good luck with all that

Some nice deals I see

So we don’t work for Anker but are a forum for those interested to discuss.

I think Anker’s making too many too similar hubs. There’s going to be confusion and buying errors from us, and as users change needs they can end up with hubs not being used as they buy a different but overlapping hub.

So what I’d like to see is just one hub with one of everything, so it’s all you’ll need, and then Anker ensures you can add a 2nd hub if you need more of a particular port type.

So I think have this A to many-A hub to attach to the one A port of the one-of-everything hub.

You say you don’t need Ethernet today but tomorrow you might. So I’d argue a hub with Ethernet is a good idea so you buy fewest hubs, and add more ports of a particular type of required.

I say ditch that 2nd A port, add C data port, add Ethernet, to make an 8 port, and the add the above A-A hub if you need more A ports.

1 Like

If you’re gonna make it an 8-port, then no need to ditch the 2nd A port. But yeah, I like the 8-port idea and scrap the three 7-port models.

1. HDMI
  2. SD
  3. microSD
  4. USB-A 3.0
  5. USB-A 3.0
  6. USB-C PD (this is for power INPUT only; no data)
  7. USB-C Data
  8. Ethernet

Although, I’d like it better if they made the USB-C PD into a multipurpose port. So it can be PD in, PD out, or data.

1 Like

There’s an idea in here for Anker to make a set of hubs which interconnect, for more intelligent port set decisions. The way they’re going they’ll never please everyone and people own very similar port hubs.
Isn’t there a mix and match of fewer hubs solution in here?

I need a whiteboard and a sounding board!

1 Like

I have taken a different view the whole time.

There won’t be a vaccine, so we’re all going to catch it, just a matter of when. Don’t live in fear for the weeks/months/year til you get it, simply live.

I also simply live with a view when my moment of infection comes I want to be as strong as possible so I have been walking / biking every day and having a can-do positive “do your worse” mindset.

There’s people out there who’s destiny they altered for the worse by making themselves weaker before the day they need to be strong.

Biked 30 miles today.

There’s a lot of politics of blame-game going on and “we did our best, not my fault” finger pointing, I’d not get involved in any of that and focus on what is within your skin being as healthy and happy as possible.

If your education is being disrupted, adapt to it. The positive is your future competitors for jobs, newly qualified have all suffered similar, and when you do go for that job interview in a future month/year, your character, what you did, to show you kept strong, will make you get the job more then the other guy who said they hid in their room and did Netflx for months.

There’s worse than fear of death - fear of living.

2 Likes

They have to make a ton of hubs for us consumers. What if the port is on the wrong side of one? They need to make one with the port corrected :laughing:

I know I’m relatively young and unaffected, so you might not think I can really speak on this topic, but I agree with this:

But not this:

There probably will be a vaccine.

I concur :raised_hands:

1 Like

A vaccine will probably be made. However, by the time a reliable vaccine is produced, the prevalence of COVID-19 might be low enough that the vaccine will not be relevant. I mean, if there was an Ebola vaccine or MERS vaccine, would you take it?

Back on topic … hey, look, the Anker PowerPort Wireless 5 Stand is on sale for $12.27:

edit: I guess this has its own thread.

2 Likes

Chargers.

The cost premium of 18W vs 12W port has shrunk now that there’s little point in buying a 12W port.

The cost premium of 10W vs 5V wireless has shrunk now, there’s little point in buying a 5V port.

In the case of iPhone, it’s 7.5W so a 10W charger is 1/3rd faster charging than 5W.

Virus.

I doubt an effective vaccine will occur in this case. Viruses and humans co-evolve (we always did, about 30% of our DNA is from viruses). The virus will pass through some humans and emerge with DNA from other viruses and so other changes just from errors (without errors ourselves would never exist, mutation is key to life on earth existing at all). The virus will get strains which are so lethal they kill the host too fast and die out, and will get strains so mild it doesn’t cause a sneeze/cough to transmit itself, and so die out. So only the strains which kill very few hosts and is able to make a sneeze/cough will then survive, with multiple strains.

Those with vulnerabilities will simply die out of the population, they can be killed only once, so the first wave is the worst, but a 2nd wave is inevitable with next winter and complancy just not as big as 1st wave. Children born into this world will get immunity from early age and grow to fight off the different strains. Like the common cold, which is another coronavirus we never did get an effective virus.

The way humans (from apes, from mammals) evolved we pick mates with deliberately different immune responses, we do it via picking smells in mates different from our own. It’s one way humans co-evolved with viruses so our offspring can fend off a diverse set of attacks.

Fear of living is worse than fear of death. Go live, be strong.

I’ve long thought the USA is particularly vulnerable to a pandemic. It has a unique combination of low social welfare, low central healthcare system, and lots of guns.

I read your posts about no living in fear because of virus and I really am not afraid of it for myself. Thankfully I’m healthy and young and probably will fight it off if I do catch it. But I live with my parents as well. My dad has to go to work because no other choice and his job is considered essential so he used to go even while our state was on lockdown. But both of my parents have on going health issues which make them vulnerable to virus more than me so I try to stay indoors as much as possible mostly because I have nothing to do outside at the moment.

1 Like

Love your view point wish the rest of my family thought the same way about it