Android vs Apple?

Lol. So, I read that you’re an IT person. All of the ITs I met are Apple fans. May be you guys know something we don’t? :joy:

1 Like

Damn, you got me :raised_hands:

Don’t get me wrong, Android especially if it is un-tethered can be brilliant and phones that run it often have better specs (and price :smirk:) than Apple. Yet after several times having to restore my phones and losing the layouts, not to mention one flagship phone dying twice in a week, Apple won my business for the phone.

Apple-simple and reliable

This always surprises me - iOS can be so frustrating in its limitations.

Android. Customize is key

1 Like

Apple. It doesn’t blow up.

1 Like

Android because:

• significantly lower cost options. Like-for-like specs Android can be 1/3rd-1/2th the price, which is consistent with the teardown video reviews where the parts inside an Apple product are about 1/5-1/4 the price of the product.

• I can unlock, root, install ad-blocking tools. So that’s fastboot oem unlock, fastboot flash twrp.ing, then install supersu, then install systemless adaway, then boot, install adaway and the customized youtube and voila no adverts.

I see little point in saying which is better because both have good options, good enough, its not as if say Apple does something I really need I can’t get on Android or speed or features.

When I ask Apple folks what they like, their reply is basically either it is what they are accustomed to (inertia) or ignorance of that everything you can do on Apple you can do on Android. So for example, the best reply I got from anyone ever was a specific Apple video chat app to others to which when I asked why not use another app with the same functionality it is basically the inertia response.

2 Likes

Android all the way.

1 Like

Very, Very, Very, valid points but I never found away to restore my phone like for like before the issue occurred which required a re-install, well without jumping through several hoops which would have probably took longer than putting the apps back in order manually that I used and content.

Main thing I miss from Android is accessible NFC which is on nearly every phone from £90 to £500. The amount of times I used to be able to cross check proximity card codes with a swipe of my phone, ohhhh :confounded:

I personally choose Android and Samsung too. Google allows greater innovation across its platform. Features like customizable everything with multiple app options, best apps are default and or integrated(S-Note, maps, chrome, YouTube). Samsung has the best screen quality, side edge notifications, more model choices, pioneer and best phablet on the market. Can’t forget accessories like memory cards, vr headsets, headphone plug, removable batteries, IR Blaster(Samsung Note 4).

1 Like

now this is a difficult one ios tends to more smoother an better optimised. yet android is more customisable and you can do a lot more with them hmm its a tough one to call. my only problem with ios right now is that the iphone is boring.

I like Android a lot because you don’t have all the confusing software that Apple has. I used to have an iPhone but I switched to Android because it’s better in my opinion.

1 Like

I love Apple products but I have an Android phone because I can’t afford the iPhone. I used to be jealous of those with the iPhone, but I don’t like the direction the iPhone is going with the bluetooth earphones, so I will stay with Android.

I have both. My work is android and my personal is Apple. For me apple wins hands down. It’s much friendlier and easier to use. It automatically backs your phone up to the cloud each night so data loss doesn’t happen. I’ve not found myself limited on my iPhone at all. It does everything I want. Plus their customer support is next to brilliant. A friend had a Samsung s4 and had no end of problems including it frying her memory card. And the support was non existent.

1 Like

Android for life! lol I just love the customization of Androids too much to be happy or even content with Apple. Androids are basically pocket computers since you can do nearly everything you can do on a computer on an Android phone. With iPhones you can’t do that unless you root or jailbreak it.

You also get more phone options for Androids versus iPhones based on what you want/need.

Also a big key thing is for most Androids they have expandable memory & removable batteries unlike iPhones.

1 Like

I have to say Apple, never had an issue with them.

Now Google does, too!

Due to the optimization in iOS, iPhones are way faster in loading games and benchmarks!

Wow. Very surprising!

Good points but are you saying that Android is still day superior, especially in customization, productivity, and features, correct?