Aluminum USB 3.0 to Ethernet Adapter connectivity problem wrong IP

Hello friends,

I bought an Aluminum USB 3.0 to Ethernet Adapter from Anker and tried to connect it to my MBP Retina with macos 10.12.2

In the beginning it was able to connect to my Fritzbox (Router), but now after a few hours of workload it stopped working. I updated the driver from the Anker.com homepage, but to no avail. It’s connected to a Fritzbox Powerlan Router which works perfectly fine with other devices.

It simply gets the wrong IP address from the DHCP server and I can change it manually, but it still doesn’t work.

Any ideas?
Best regards
B.S.

So one reason is your DHCP lease time is off so what’s happening is the router thinks the IP is released and gives that IP to another device and then you got the same IP on 2 devices and one or both wont then work.

One way to avoid that is basically your Mac is being dumb and solve that in a Mac forum not an Anker forum.

Another is to manually assign it statically and ensure you are NOT using an IP in the DHCP range, the correct gateway (usually your router IP) and correct DNS (usually your router or use google’s 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4)

I tried to look up your router to find its manual but that product name does not exist. Did you mean Powerline not Powerlan?

https://en.avm.de/products/