All my reviews are gone from Amazon, anyone else?

Call customer support tell them what’s going on, I had the same problem and they fixed it within a week. If you are a Prime member they do anything to keep you happy, but you MUST CALL NOT CHAT OR EMAIL Good Luck

2 Likes

LIke @Chris_Renshaw said, maybe the best way to know their review rules is to contact their customer support.

2 Likes

Prime member? They WILL fix it!

This was exactly what I did.
No chat, no email.
Just a call.
Thank you for the hint!:wink:

As I am only a very polite,
friendly and eloquent old gentleman (not a prime member) :grin:
I could convince the young lady forwarding my issue to the authority responsible.

And Voila: All restored. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Really?! Yo that’s awesome! Congrats man, I’m glad I could help! I hope the word spreads and more people are able to right wrongs done to them!

2 Likes

There is always a human being you talk to.
And talking is much more individual than an email.
And he/she is only doing what he/she is able to do.
And you must know that this what happened is not his/her fault.
So talk quiet and friendly.

A rule for live:

“Friendliness and kindness cost nothing,
it’s free and helps a lot” :grin:

1 Like

Yeah I just posted something like that on my thread about how when you call up you must understand that these people are getting paid basically nothing to do this job which is ridiculous. So the last thing you want to do is take out your anger on these people because they will not be willing to help you. Instead do what you suggested and what I suggested is just be nice be polite and understanding even though you may be in a bad mood because you stuff got deleted, if you’re just nice to the person they have no problem Reinstating your reviews and most likely account to it for some reason that was deleted other than a major violation of their terms of service.

2 Likes

Exactly! :grin:

1 Like

I have a conflict when I call up helplines/customer services…

I worked in a call center for 8 years, it was hellish n brutal, and damned good fun! It all depends on which company I was representing. The call center was an OUTSOURCE company, we represented several BIG companies, including government helplines (swine flu, test calls to British Embassies (make sure emergency procedures were solid), UK passport office).

Back to calling up myself! Due to having done the above, I know how I EXOECT to be dealt with, as it’s the way I dealt with customers/clients etc. So my expectations are extremely high, but rarely do i get that from STANDARD operators. Now add to that terrible disappointment with my mental health, and my calls can get quite interesting!

So I usually go to ceoemails.com and search for the CEO/director of a company, and calmly (sometimes (quite often) use sarcasm, and use their own mottos/taglines against them) write a strongly worded email. I try not to call up, if I can help it. lol

Meh. I mean if YOU have to go that route I guess whatever works. But calling them and talking calmly, being nice, usually works.

Speak of the devil

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/30/629800775/some-amazon-reviews-are-too-good-to-be-believed-theyre-paid-for

2 Likes

Good news!
You set a good example for other people!

1 Like

I wrote them over the span of 4 months. After the 5th contact, I emailed them. I just checked today. My ability to leave reviews has been restored. To add, I did tell them that I was a prime member and I was very unhappy that this had happened.

They never replied once I said I was a prime member, they just restored and no notice was given.

1 Like

They seem to care less and less about Prime Membership, the owner of Amazon is making over 1mil a day so… but thankfully they resorted it. I can not say this enough, if some one else has this problem, CALL them, ask to speak to a manager, then state our case. As long as you didn’t purposely violate their TOS, you should get it back. Following my advice at least 5-6 members of this community had the same problem fixed.

I have to ask, did you get the 1mil a day from watching Reckful on Twitch? Just wondering how small the world is. I was just watching him talk about Jeff Bezos.

I have made my call to customer support today here in Canada and they are forwarding the issue to the next level. I couldn’t get what I wanted from the lady as the language barrier was extreme but at least I have a case opened. Will keep you posted

The same way my issue was solved.
Only one review dissapeared.
But I did not ask why.
"Never wake up sleeping dogs":grin:

1 Like

I will try calling in too. After buying stuff from Amazon since 2000, I recently started getting blocked from submitting reviews. Today, they sent me the email officially saying my reviews had been suppressed and can’t post reviews. It also had no details on what I did and that the decision was final.

The only thing that recently happened was I gave a poor rating to a really horrible electric toothbrush. The seller contacted me and offered a refund. I accepted. The seller then asked several times to update my review. I did not change my original review since the product was bad and a refund didn’t change that. I wonder if they complained or reported me as receiving a free product. It deleted my review and keeps their product looking much better than it is.

I now trust Amazon reviews much less than I had.

I’ve had an Amazon account for 18 years, I did almost all my shopping on Amazon but I’ve ditched them over this fake review issue. The algorithms Amazon uses to identify fake reviews aren’t working and they are making the problem worse by removing genuine reviews by the thousand. This leaves the whole review system even more broken than before by increasing the ratio of fake to genuine reviews, unfairly targets small artists and authors and misuses customer data. I’ve written an open letter to Jeff Bezos here with links to other people writing about the problem https://thereforeithink2.wordpress.com/2018/08/16/open-letter-to-jeff-bezos/

I tried to make reviews of the products that I bought, and the majority was blocked