All my reviews are gone from Amazon, anyone else?

My guess would be that they found a connection between your old account and your new account. But sorry to hear that… it’s a shame when all your hard work goes “poof” when Amazon deletes your reviews.

2 Likes

Didn’t want to start a new thread for this but I just put a review on Amazon UK & US for the iPhone SE screen protector but it only allows me to upload 1 photo. This is the same via safari or the App.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I’ve seen other reviews for the same item with multiple photos :smirk:

Is it only allowing 1 photo to be uploaded, or only showing 1 photo from multiple? I’ve had the latter on several reviews, upload a bunch but once Amazon clear the review to go on their site, there might only be 2-3 from 7-8 uploaded. Normally an email to their review team sorts it out but it can take 2-3 days for a response…

It would only let me upload one but once I had the email to say my review was live. I could hit the link, edit the review and add the other photos :thumbsup:

1 Like

Just recently got all my reviews removed.

Noooooooooo :angry:

1 Like

Not good buddy :thumbsdown:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, @joshuad11, but you still have your awesome YouTube channel!

2 Likes

I remember we were discussing about the AMAZON review policy.
This was 1/2 year ago.
At this time for me first it was not possible to write a review for a pb (as a not verified purchase) and after when I was “allowed” to write one this it was deleted at AMAZON.de.
BUT fortunately ONLY this one.

But now all works fine.
May be they changed the behavior at AMAZON.de
I don’t know if you will ever get a satisfying answer when you want to know the reason why. :angry:

I

1 Like

I believe they are targeting us. Lol. I had my reviews removed a second time after creating a new account. At no point did I accept gift cards or PayPal refunds in exchange for reviews, but they know we get a lot of items for free so they believe we are biased reviewers.

Honestly, my personal investment in Anker actually makes me somewhat harsher on them than I think I would be ordinarily. I’m certainly feeding anyone any fluffy falsely positive review on any of Anker’s products (or anyone else for that matter).

3 Likes

Another idea:

Do you think that ANKER has employed some kind of black sheep, to write reviews.
I will be honest, I suppose I saw those reviews at AMAZON.de.
Those are writing some jubilances with not much content.
Not a sign of technical understanding : Only bla bla bla…
If there are too many of these, AMAZON might be acting more rigorously,

If really so, ANKER should “fire” those “useless PUs” immediately.
The whole PU- program would be only “paper waste” if they don’t,
as those who are doing their job seriously, will leave.

2 Likes

So far so good, but for the first time, I saw my helpful vote drop by one… :frowning:

1 Like

TO be fair to Amazon, getting free stuff to give a review is making bias.

Not stating every person is biased, but it increases the likelihood of bias.

2 Likes

Me too, especially on Micro USB :imp:

1 Like

This I’am talking about.

Getting free stuff is not only making bias,
there are some who are writing really lousy reviews.
Dropping a few lines, just saying “Hurra and Fine”.
That’s all.
Never seen any serious “Pro” and “Contra” at those. :rage:

Those PU’s ANKER should get rid of quickly.
This is making the whole thing untrustworthy.

3 Likes

Agreed. Also a person given an item for free did not really make a decision if they wanted it, to the degree that they were to spend money on it, and as a result an increased proportion of nil-value reviews. Similar problem with Youtube, with unboxing videos, you just need a knife and camera, no brain required, not comparing it to other products, not having used it for days/weeks, simply typing the obvious you can read off a product page.

So then I have to waste time bypassing the nil-value reviews and seek words of those who have used the product to find honest truth. If there was not the Power USer program, i’d waste less time finding such honest truth.

I am stating correlation not totality. There are good reviews from those in Power User program but they are fewer in proportion than the general population.

3 Likes

Another obvious reason to agree with you @nigelhealy and @fhassm is for phone cases…There are so many P O $hit cases out there with good reviews. Makes it hard to make a clear decision.

2 Likes

Actually I do. I don’t just grab every free item, just cos it’s available. If I did, my flat would be full of crap… I get emails about available free stuff from various companies.

1 Like

I’ve always given a fair review regardless of how I acquired it… Gift, bought, free from company etc

I look at it like this… If a friend took me for a meal, and the steak was chewy, I’d still complain. Only reason I wouldn’t complain, would be if the person I was with insisted I didn’t.

I used to be on the customer panel for the local bus company. As a perk, we received a bus pass. However, that didn’t stop me from adding to the forum n complaining as needed.

If you are true to yourself, you’ll always be honest… Ain’t saying tiny white lies don’t happen now n again, but never to compromise my reputation.

2 Likes

As many of you know I beta test for a lot of different companies, and while I have always given honest feedback and even have a handful of 1 star reviews as well as negative feedback to a company. 1 company had blacklisted me and pulled all my products keys and even went as far as to deactivate everything they had sent me to test for them. While I hated them for doing so, it has never forced me to change ge my views or ways I test things nor will it force my hand to leave a positive review or feedback if something I test is absolute crap or bad.

3 Likes