Absence of aptx on the soundcore spirit

Hi, I am planning to buy the anker soundcore spirit wireless earbuds but i got to know that it doesn’t support aptx. So will this effect the sound quality of these earbuds negatively. Since my phone supports aptx too should i go for some other earbuds with aptx. Generally from your experience how is the sound quality of the soundcore spirit. How’s the bass for 6mm drivers. I could have gone for the spirit pro model but its not available in the AliExpress store and I can’t buy on Amazon because it charges a high shipping fee. And how does the sound quality compare with the aptx enabled slim plus. Will these be a better option ? Or are there any alternatives ?
Thanks alot for your time and let me know your comments and ideas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have found they sound very good with bass if you can get a snug fit. They are in ear so if in ear doesn’t fit your ear well I would look at another model.

1 Like

Do you have any experience with other aptx enabled earbuds like the slim plus in comparison with the spirit model. Will the absence of aptx make a huge difference in sound quality ? And if there are other alternatives what can you recommend ?

1 Like

Can anyone let me know their experience with the soundcore spirit earbuds so far ?

1 Like

Soundcore Spirit are a great set of earbuds. Are Spirit X available on AliExpress? They will deliver longer battery life, slightly better audio quality, and a more secure fit. Also, what device will you be using your earbuds with? If it’s an iPhone, they don’t benefit from aptx anyway.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any further questions you may have! :slight_smile:

Josh

1 Like

Thank you for your informative response. I am using the Samsung galaxy S8 which supports aptx. So that was why i was curious about the aptx issue. And yes both the spirit and the spirit x models are available on AliExpress right now. But i prefer the in ear type spirit over the spirit x. So as per your experience will aptx make a huge difference ? And how’s the overall sound quality of the spirit ? Does it have a good bass response. I don’t need that much of base but i’d like a decent amount of bass during my workouts. And thanks alot for your time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even with an aptx enabled device, I find the difference in audio quality to be marginal at best. I might be able to barely notice a little more clarity when I use the Slim+ with my Note5 compared to my Slims. Overall, I don’t think there’s a big difference between the Slim and Spirit and between aptx and non aptx. Now, the Spirits have some bonus features the Slims don’t have like slightly longer battery life and SweatGuard. As far as the bass goes, it’s definitely enough for me, but definitely not overpowering. I really enjoy the sound they produce.

2 Likes

Ditto…but you also have to take into account the quality of the audio source (low-mid-high lossy / lossless) which unless your getting in there with a spectrum to check can often sound very close anywho…not to mention that audio is overly subjective anyways…some complain about hi-res (24/192) sounding no different to 256kbps AAC…

2 Likes

I have set of slims, slims+ and the Spirits.

I think the Spirits sound the best and the Slims+ come a close second. Its all about fit. Find the right earbud pad and get a good fit and the sound is impressive if you get a bad fit then the sound isn’t good.

1 Like

With an aptx enabled device or not? And you’re referring to the regular Spirit, not the Spirit X or Pro, correct?

I’ve just made up my mind that i’ll go with the spirit earbuds. Thanks alot everyone for sharing your experiences and helping me out. I’ll post my oppinions or maybe i’ll write a review on the spirit after i get it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And btw does the spirit come with the hard shell case ?

No, a soft pouch but the Spirit X do.

The spirit x does have a hard shell. the spirit has a Metal clasp pouch

Thanks alot everyone for the help :slight_smile: i’ll post my oppinions on the spirit after i get it

1 Like

Hi… I got my anker soundcore spirit earbuds a few days ago and i am really impressed with the sound quality but i think my earbuds have a issue. When i connect them and play music on them theres a small hissing noise coming out of the earbuds. Its really noticable when listening with a bit of low volume. And even after i pause the song that hissing noise continues upto about 2 seconds and then stops. And that same hissing sound can be heard when a notification comes to your phone while the notification sound is muted on your phone. It’s not very loud or anything but its noticable. My galaxy S8 broke so i had to go back to my old Huawei P9. Initially i thought it was some issue with my phone but i tried it with my brothers iPhone 6s and some other Android phones of my friend’s but still that hissing noise is constant. It doesn’t effect sound quality that much with high volumes but with low volumes you can notice the hissing sound in the background. Is this normal or is it a defect in my pair of earbuds ? Can anyone please let me know with their experience ?
Thank you

Contact support@anker.com and let them.know your issue. They wil will determine if they are defective or not and replace within warranty.

I did and they gave me some solutions to try out and see if they’ll work. But none of them did. They said to send them a video of the issue and i tried to do that but since its a sound related issue the microphone on my phone cannot pickup that hissing sound. Since i ordered a second pair of spirit earbuds for my friend as well i told them that I’ll compare the one that i have with the new one that i am gonna receive and let them know. Hope things go well since there is no way to show them the issue with a video. Just wanted to know whether the users of the soundcore spirit earbuds have experienced any issue like this. Anyways thank you for the help :slight_smile: